macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: RE:Beginner question
    Sorry... I was thinking aloud... :) If you can spare the time, I'd highly recommend going to Steve H's 3 day Apple Certified Course for Logic, level 1. (It's a lot closer than the UK!) The Logic 101: Core Logic 9 tutorial is also a fantastic tutorial. Stick with it and of course feel free to ask any questions here :) Thanks Rounik
  • Insidescoop1
    Thanks Rounik! I'll look into it but I think that class is like a $1,000.00 U.S. right? Might be a bit steep at this point but I can probably lay away some shekels....in the meantime, you've been a great help, much appreciated! Thanks again!
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem! Feel free to pop back here anytime with any questions at all... and of course I'll be adding more posts to the macProVideo.com Blog whenever I can! Best Rounik
  • Insidescoop1
    Rounik, As I open a new file and drag various loops onto various tracks and hit the space bar, only the one that I click on actually produces sound and the thin vertical bar that clicks off the measures isn't moving. Do you know how to correct that?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, "Thin vertical line that click off the measures" = ?? Do you mean the Playhead (thin white vertical line in the Arrange area)? Where are you clicking? In the Arrange area or the Loop Browser? When you press the Spacebar does the Play button in the Transport turn green? It sounds like you are pressing the Space Bar while the 'Key focus' is in the Loop Browser. Is there a white border around the Loop Browser? This means that area is currently in focus or selected... so most key commands (like Play using the Space bar) will be confined to that area. So, the key focus is in the Loop Browser, pressing play will play the selected loop in the Browser. Switch key focus to the Arrange area by clicking inside it (or Press TAB key). Now you'll find pressing play will begin playback in the Arrange area. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Wipavue
    My wife did a degree in Music in London; I've visited there twice, but I found it too big, noisy, and dirty. It does still have a grandeur, though. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Not unless I had the money to live in one of the more fashionable neighbourhoods. :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, London is an incredible place to visit... and so of the more 'fashionable neighbourhoods' are really lovely. I think like any huge city, London can be many things to many people... having said that, even though I've relocated to Bristol, I do miss London sometimes. 'You can take the man out of London, but you can't take London out of the man'. ;-)
  • Wipavue
    I'd probably be content with a nice flat around the corner from Abbey Road studios. As long as I didn't have to drive by that damn street crossing every day!
  • Rounik Admin
    :)
  • Insidescoop1
    Thank you. That did solve the problem. Now, how do I get all the tracks to play simultaneously? Next step, I'm gonna hook up my Apogee Duet and use the previous link you gave me to do that and see if I can't start laying down a few tracks. All of the help is much appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to respond.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: