macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: RE:Beginner question
    Drag a loop to it's own track inthe Arrange area. Or create new tracks and place audio regions or loops on them. Tracks are like lanes of a highway really - each one contains it's own number of cars. Now press play :)
  • Insidescoop1
    I did this but for some reason when I press the space bar only one of the loops play back. As always thx for reply. T
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi T, - Did you create tracks before dragging the loops from the Loop Browser onto them? - What type of tracks did you create and how? e.g. Audio or Software Instrument tracks... - There are two types of loops in the Loop Browser. Green and Blue loops. Blue can only be played back on Audio Tracks. Green can be placed on Audio or Software Instrument tracks. Thanks... btw, could you upload a screen shot? (A picture paints a thousand words ;-) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=15243[/url] Thanks Rounik
  • Insidescoop1
    I created 4 software tracks before dragging the loops onto each track. Didn't know how green and blue tracks work but now I do. Thanks for that info. I'll practice the screen shot technique for future reference. Thanks again!
  • Rounik Admin
    no problem! In fact you don't need to create tracks at all... just drag a loop into an empty area of the Arrange (not in a track lane) and Logic will intelligently create the right kind of track for you :) R
  • Insidescoop1
    This program is so deep. How did you get SO much knowledge about it. I'm sure there are many, many things it does that I don't even have a clue about! Thanks again! T
  • Insidescoop1
    Rounik, Did this screen shot come across. This was step one. I'll send the other 3 that I did in sequence. I understand now how it works. It was the differentiation between blue and green tracks that made the difference. Now I get it. Thanks again. P.S. What if you want to use a blue track loop in a non-vocal application. Can that be done?[img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3918/screenshotic.png[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Ha! Sometimes I sleep, breathe... (eek) dream Logic... well, not quite ;-) The Logic 101 : Core Logic 9 and in fact all the videos here are the best way IMHO to learn Logic... but hey, every journey starts somewhere... and we were all new users at one stage... but with practice and study (there were no cool videos when I started out)... it can become an enjoyable journey! :)
  • Insidescoop1
    Regarding last post - everything worked fine with the screen shot until I got an error message - file too large, must be smaller than 1,000 kb or something similar to that....ah well....I'll try again with a smaller crosshair section of the file and see if that works. T
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey, er... don't understand the question: what do you mean 'non-vocal' application?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: