macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Insidescoop1
    Re: RE:Beginner question
    Whoops! What I meant to ask is why won't a blue loop play on a software instrument track and what's the technical difference between an audio and a software track. Don't they both play back sound?
  • Insidescoop1
    I'm looking forward to that part. Being as kind as you have been if you ever need a place to hang out on this side of the pond (vacation, business trip, etc;) let me know. I'm sure my wife and I would enjoy having you.
  • Insidescoop1
    P.S. When my freshman album has been completed you have a FREE copy coming. I wouldn't get too excited - it probably won't be anything to write home about but it will be fun to make! LOL!
  • Insidescoop1
    Did this screen shot[img]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1205/screenshot20100603at410.png[/img] come across?
  • Rounik Admin
    The question is, what is the sound source? An Audio track: Plays back audio files... i.e. recorded audio files. You can record audio from a microphone or audio input on to an Audio Track. A blue apple loop is known as an 'Audio Apple Loop'. This has audio waveform data only.... just like when you play a CD, the file on the CD is in an audio waveform format. A Software Instrument track: This type of track cannot play back audio files directly. In fact, it NEEDS a sound source or an instrument in the computer (inside Logic) to create a sound. Logic comes with many 'virtual instruments' that create sounds. In order to trigger these sounds MIDI notes are used. Green Apple loops (Software Instrument APple Loops -SIAL) contain instrument settings, effects and MIDI note data. This data triggers the virtual instrument on the track to create sound. .... So, yes, both SI and audio tracks output sound that we hear... but it's the input or source of the sound that make a difference. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for the invite and the CD offer. That's very kind of you! :) Rounik
  • Insidescoop1
    Looks like it did....
  • Rounik Admin
    yup... got it :)
  • Insidescoop1
    Excellent! You are a great teacher. I got it the first time. I'm still ruminating about the software vs. audio track....I'll let you know when the light turns on. Thx!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: