macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tenogyi
    Trashing Logic 7 and 8
    I still have Logic 7 and 8 on my startup drive, and would like to know what the best way to get rid of those programs would be. Can someone suggest the safest and best way to delete those programs? Is there any reason to keep them? Thanks, SG.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Trashing Logic 7 and 8
    Hi SG You can place the Logic 7 and 8 applications in the Trash to delete them. The reasons to keep them would be to ensure you can revert to an earlier version if needed. Might be an idea to keep them somewhere on CD/DVD just in case you open a project created in 7 that isn't working quite right in Logic 9. To be honest... it hasn't happened to me and I've deleted them both the 7 and 8 applications ;-) As you perform software updates for Logic 9, you'll notice extra versions of Logic appearing in the Applications folder. These will allow you to rever to earlier version of Logic (e.g. Logic 9.0.2 rather than 9.1.1) if you wish. It's gives you a fail safe way to test out the updated version... Cheers Rounik
  • Tenogyi
    Thanks. I've got a lot of Hard Drive cleaning to do, so this will be a good start. Thanks again, SG.
  • Rounik Admin
    Cool. It's always a very good idea to clone your drive or at least keep a backup of your important files and folders on an external drive. :) I use Carbon Copy Cloner a lot to backup my system drive. Works well. Many others use Super Duper and/or Time Machine. R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: