macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bigbird99
    Mixer Output vs. Multimeter
    Channel Output meter and Multimeter (on output channel) not matching when I think they should. I am going through the Steve H. Logic Mastering Toolkit videos and then playing with a song I am mixing. So I have the Multimeter inserted in the first slot of my Output channel and I am noticing that the levels in the multimeter are 8-9db hotter than the levels on my output channel meter. In my mix, I have my stereo output currently set at -2.4db which has my mix peaking at -0.1db. As I view my mix in the Multimeter it is peaking near +9db. I do realize that the multimeter is seeing the mix pre-fader and I assume the level constant is 0db. Although even when I set my output channel fader at 0db, the two meters still do not match. And in Steve's video on "The Multimeter", the levels between his output channel and the Multimeter do match as the the his demo mix plays along. I bet there is a simple explanation for this. Does anybody know what it is? Thanks! Rick
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mixer Output vs. Multimeter
    Hi Rick, Maybe a silly question... do you have any insert effects placed after the MultiMeter on the Stereo Output? :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: