macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tonojaa
    Match EQ Problem
    Hello... I'm trying to use Match EQ in Logic 8 in a similar way that's done on the "Logic's PlugIns Unplugged" video. Following the demo on the video (Chapter 12: Match EQ), I have 2 audio files of music on 2 separate stereo tracks. One is a mixdown of part of a song project I'm working on, and the other is a MP3 file of a song I want to match the eq from. I selected the track with my music, inserted Match EQ, and on the plug-in when I clicked "Template/Learn" (the button to the farthest left of the three at the bottom of the plug-in) it just turned red with no other windows opening up like it did on the video. Is there a different procedure in L-8 from what was shown in the video? How do I access the source file I want to get the EQ "fingerprint" from? Please let me know if I missed something. Thanks in advance for your reply. Nathan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Match EQ Problem
    Hi Nathan I believe the Match EQ has developed slightly since Logic 7... I don't have access to Logic 8... but at least in Logic 9 there are a couple more options... (as I say to everyone using Logic 9 - try right-clicking everywhere!) Sounds like the easiest way for you to learn a source file is to drag the source file from the Finder onto the Template button. In Logic 9 you can right-click on the Template button. Does that work in Logic 8? Here's an excerpt from the Logic 9 Studio Effects manual on three ways to use the Match EQ (p.126): [i]To learn or create a Match EQ template Do one of the following: Drag an audio file from the finder onto the Template Learn button and select the source channel strip as a sidechain. See below. Use the Match EQ on the source channel strip and save a setting. Import this setting into the target Match EQ instance. To match the EQ of a project mix to the EQ of a source audio file In the project you want to match to the source audio file, instantiate a Match EQ (typically on Output 1-2). Drag the source audio file onto the Template Learn button. Return to the start of your mix, click Current Material Learn, then play your mix (the current material) from start to finish. When you are done, click Current Material Match (this automatically disengages the Current Material Learn button). To use the matched EQ on a channel strip Choose the channel strip that you want to match from the Sidechain menu of the Match EQ window. Click the Template Learn button. Play the entire source audio file from start to finish, then click the Template Learn button again (to stop the learn process). Return to the start of your mix, click Current Material Learn, then play your mix (the current material) from start to finish. When you are done, click Current Material Match (this automatically disengages the Current Material Learn button).[/i] Hope this helps Rounik
  • Tonojaa
    Thanks Rounik, I'll see how it goes & get back to you if there's a problem. Nathan
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Nathan! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: