macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kroes
    printing sheet music in LE9
    I know how to print out the sheet music in LE9...but how do you title it? In GB whatever the file is becomes the automatic title on the sheet music. In LE9 the music sheet is blank at the top. How do I type items at the top of the sheet music such as the title of the song? Thanks Kroes
  • Dekuruy
    Re: printing sheet music in LE9
    Hi Kroes, Steve H.'s TNT1, #7 (July) has exactly what you were asking for.
  • Kroes
    I do not know what this is? where do I find it?
  • Dekuruy
    Sorry, Kroes, let me clarify: TNT1 is a Logic tutorial and it is listed in the tutorials section of this site as 'Logic 303 - TNT1'. It was done by Steve H., who is extremely informative and helpful in all the tutorials that he does. I would think that what he demonstrates about score editing in Logic would also apply to Logic Express, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I would think that what you are trying to do with text and printing is possible in Logic Express. My son has a copy of that, so when I get home later today, I will see for sure and let you know.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi all, The link to the Logic 303 TNT1 is here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicTipsAndTricks[/url] and the series is continuing shortly with the TNT3... ;) As for adding text / titles to the Score, I simply use the Text tool to do this. Hope that helps Rounik p.s. I believe the Score Editor is virtually, if not exactly, the same in Pro and Express... but would be interested to know if this is the case agagag ;-)
  • Dekuruy
    O.K., Rounik and Kroes. I'll check it out tonight and let you know. Good to be in touch with you, Rounik. Things have been going well with Logic and my students. Hope you are well.
  • Rounik Admin
    Excellent! Glad to hear it! Have you been trying out Mainstge with your students as well? All well here thanks! Busy as per usual ;-) R
  • Kroes
    when I click on the sheet music "page view"..there is a space at the top of the song page. I use text editor to type...but when I print- it will only print out what I typed on one page and it appears in the middle of the page. Can't I type the name of the song at the top of the sheet music?
  • Rounik Admin
    When you use the text tool to input text you can set the options, like text justification and where the text will appear in your Score, in the Inspector to the left of the Score Editor/Window. What method are you using to print? Do you print to PDF first? Cheers R
  • Dekuruy
    Hi Kroes and Rounik, Kroes, the above reply by Rounik pretty much sums it up. The only thing I could add is to say that when you select the text you wish to edit, you will see a slight change in the inspector. With nothing selected, one of the right pointing triangles at the far left side of the inspector says 'Insert Defaults'. When you select text in the score, that will change to 'x Texts selected' with x being the number of text items selected. Clicking on that triangle with the desired text selected will open up a box with the various parameters available to change and move the text the way you want. Not sure why you are not able to print so that exactly what is on your page view in the score editor doesn't come out of the printer when you print. It should, and maybe Rounik's last two questions will help you there. So, Rounik, yes, as far as I could see, the score editors in LE8 and LP8 are identical. I did not do an exhaustive check by any means, but a thorough perusal of the features of both seem to confirm this. I also followed everything that Steve H. was doing in his score editor TNT, and LE8 and LP8 matched in every instance. As for MainStage, yes, it was a pretty big part of my students' last show, along with Logic. I will try to post in the MainStage forum more info on this, as well as some other stuff, too. Thanks for asking, and I'm glad you remembered. Take care, Adam
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: