macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SamiS
    Aux Buses, Reverb, and Pan
    If I send several tracks to an aux bus and put a delay on that bus to send those instruments "backward" in the mix, does it preserve the panning information on the bus or do I somehow have to create a left channel and right channel bus? Speaking of that, the simple delay tool does not seem to have an option to delay by milliseconds (only samples). Is there a good reason for that? Is there an alternate tool I can use to create a simple delay of, say, 11 ms? -Sami
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Aux Buses, Reverb, and Pan
    Hi Sami Welcome to the forums! There's different options when using sends in Logic. First set up the Send to a Bus. Now click and hold on the active Send slot in the Channel strip. from the drop down menu you can choose to send the signal to the Aux: -Post Pan -Pan Fader -Pre Fader As for that... the only way I use to add delays in milliseconds to a track is to use the 'Delay' setting in the Region's Parameters area in the Inspector. This doesn't work on Aux Tracks as it only delays the contents on a track. So, you might wish to bounce the Aux channel to audio and then delay that in milliseconds. But the Sample Delay plug-in... doesn't create delays in milliseconds... (it's known as the Sample Delay!) Hope that helps Rounik
  • SamiS
    Thanks. So, I think you are also implying that a aux bus preservers left and right channel assuming I do it post-pan. Right? -Sami
  • Rounik Admin
    Yup... of course if the Aux channel is mono then it won't ;-) Rounik btw... stereo channel strips in Logic: The Pan pot is erm... not a pan pot. It's a balance control... For true panning on a stereo channel strip, insert a Gain plugin and use the balance/pan there. Compare the results, you should be able to hear the difference. :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: