macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ian
    ES2 exposed: sidechain routing
    Hi, I'm having trouble getting this to work. I'm positive that i'm setting it up correctly as far as the info in the video shows, but it doesn't work so obviously i'm doing something wrong. These are the steps i take: - Create instrument track and insert my own midi loop/region (i've also tried it with an audio track and apple loop). - Route that to bus 1 and increase the signal to about +1 - Remove the output of the bus. - Create another instrument track and insert an ES2 - Side chain the ES2 to bus 1 - Create a noise with the ES2 (tried a couple of presets as well) - Define a target on first router, pitch etc., (tried a number of them). - Define source as sidech - Move the green arrow to the top - Play the sequence I hoped it would just side chain automatically but it didn't seem to work, so i tried playing the ES2 along with the pattern/region by way of the capslock keyboard. Nothing. Nada. Zippo. Zilch. Unhappy bunny! :( It just plays both noises separately. I've tried both mono and stereo on the source channel/track. Can anyone help please? Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: ES2 exposed: sidechain routing...
    Hi Ian Welcome to the forums! The issue you're probably experiencing is not that side chaining doesn't work... but with the ES2 you need to specify a Target that can be affected by the sidechain source. As an example, pick any drum loop for your source track and either loop the region or activate the cycle area around it and follow the instructions you posted... But this time - Select the ES2 preset: 01 Synth Leads > Brightest Fuzz Define a Target to Cut 1+2 Set the source to Sidechain and move the green triangle to maximum. Play the synth sound... now when Logic's transport is running play the synth. You'll hear a difference. Swap the target from Cut 1+2 to Pitch 123. If you want to sidechain the complete sound of the ES2, insert a Noise Gate plug-in on the ES2 channel and set it's sidechain to Bus 1. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Ian
    That works. Thanks. So i'm guessing the reason why it didn't work before is that the noise i was trying to use in the ES2 wasn't conducive to what was trying to be done?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ian, It depends what the target was and whether the noise begin generated actually made use of the target so that it could sidechained. Cheers Rounik
  • Jacky S.
    Hi guys ) I have the same problem as Ian had but after all sets it's still don't working( Can you help me please maybe you have any other solutions??
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jacky, Welcome to the forums! I need a few more details on how you've set up to side-chain and what the source is. Can you upload a project with the issue? (I'd recommend Dropbox.com and then post the link to the file here). If it's not possible, some screenshots would be great showing the ES2 settings and the Mixer window. Here's instructions on how to post images: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=15243[/url] Thanks! Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Jacky, btw are you following the macProVideo ES2 tutorial video on Side-chaining? If so, which step are you getting stuck on? Thanks Rounik
  • Jacky S.
    Rounik)thank you for operativeness) Yes I am studing with Steve H. tutorial I followed all of the steps that you Rounik advised) "pick any drum loop for your source track and either loop the region or activate the cycle area around it and follow the instructions you posted... But this time - Select the ES2 preset: 01 Synth Leads > Brightest Fuzz Define a Target to Cut 1+2 Set the source to Sidechain and move the green triangle to maximum. Play the synth sound... now when Logic's transport is running play the synth. You'll hear a difference. Swap the target from Cut 1+2 to Pitch 123. If you want to sidechain the complete sound of the ES2, insert a Noise Gate plug-in on the ES2 channel and set it's sidechain to Bus 1." But nothing was helped me unfortunately there are my project I hope that I saved it correctly) and the screen sets thank you for helping) [url]file://localhost/Users/tararashkina/Dropbox/Public/Jacky's%20es2%20sidechain%20troubles)/[/url] [url]http://img202.imageshack.us/f/screenshot20110330at635.png[/url] [url]http://img593.imageshack.us/f/screenshot20110330at636.png[/url]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jacky, Thanks for the info. Give me a little time and I'll get back to you about this when I'm able to. Unfortunately, I cannot download your project because it only exists on your computer. Could you upload it to [url]http://box.net/[/url] ? If your project contains work you don't wish to share openly then you can create a new project with the ES2 and sidechaining settings. The screenshots didn't display. I've looked at imageshack.us and since I wrote that post users need to sign up for a free account and then you will be able to upload and access the "Direct Link" to the image. Sorry for the hassle!
  • Rounik Admin
    Oh, it's fine - I can see the images now. Thanks! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: