macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: ES2 exposed: sidechain routing...
    One thing I didn't mention in the instructions above: Are you playing notes on the ES2 track? (it must be selected in the Arrange area.) Also, if you decide to upload your Logic project, please compress it first: 1. In the Finder window go to the project folder. 2. Right-click on the folder and choose: Compress...***** 3. Uploading the compressed .zip file should work. Thanks Rounik
  • Jacky S.
    Oh you was right about archive) [url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24838170/Jacky%27s%20es2%20sidechain%20troubles%29.zip[/url] but there some kind of error((( [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/0da4iu[/url] try this link please no no I play the notes when es2 active) screenshot is lying))
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jacky, It works fine for me here... The source drums are affecting the Cuttoff 1 & 2 in the ES2. Basically, I've duplicated the ES2 track and turned off sidechaining on the duplicate. So, we have three tracks: 1. Source track (Drums) 2. ES2 (to be sidechained) 3. ES2 (NO Sidechaining) OK. Play back the project now and you'll hear the sidechained version and the non-sidechained version after - so you can hear the difference. Now if you play with the Cuttoff 1 and Cuttoff 2 dials in the ES2 you can create some pretty cool sounds. Here's the project file only: [url]http://www.box.net/shared/ekoj9eja2j[/url] Unzip the file and then place it in the Project folder you sent me. Should work better now. Let me know how you get on. :)
  • Jacky S.
    Yes it works great at your project) I've sidechained non-sidechained track and it is also ok but what about the keyboard? I mean how to use saidchain without piano roll editing - only LIVE with keyboard?It is don't working with it( oops It's working in your project also)))but not in mine))Don't understand what I doing wrong( And also can you discribe please why when I try to switch on BUS sometimes I can't choise "no output" when right-clicking [url]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/220/screenshot20110330at928.png[/url] Sorry for my ugly English ))) I hope that you understood me well
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jacky, I understand your English very well - where are you from? Only reason I can think why it's not working when playing notes in real-time for you is if the correct Soft Inst. track is not selected and/or not record ready (little red button on track header should be on for Software Instrument tracks). As to your second question: Right-clicking on a channel strip gives you options to display or hide parts of a channel strip. You need to left-click and hold (click and hold) on the Output slot of a channel strip to view the available outputs and Busses. Hope that helps R
  • Jacky S.
    WOOOHOOO)))) I Got it )))Rounik All my problems are always because of my inattention I'm from Russia and I big fan of your tutorials-the most complicated parts become available and simple thanks to you!! Keep going!!!YOU ROCK!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jacky! Really glad to hear it's all working for you! And thank you :) Take care & see you here soon! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: