macProVideo.com
Forums
  • edgy
    creating instrument track
    i have an instrument drum track (audio). the audio is poor but i want to sample of the drum track. if i convert region to new sampler track (midi) it plays the same track (good) now i would like to use each sample instrument to be used in battery 3's sample drum instrument. how can i get each sampler instrument to hit on each midi sample (snare, bass, hat) just as it is in the audio, will i have to line each drum sample along the sample lines and trigger in or move the sample cubes to the hit where the sample is on the track. is there a way to have this automated or can i reassign the drum in hyper editor (gm) to follow the patterns /or in ultrabeat. basically i want the same drum patterns to follow the sample track but i want to be able to control the drum samples (beef it up) with instrument from battery or ultrabeat /exs24. how can i have this to automatically fall in place?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: creating instrument track
    Hi edgy, Once you create a Sampler Instrument (e.g. using the convert to sampler track) save it in the EXS24. Now you can import this EXS24 instrument into Ultrabeat. The MIDI region should still work fine in being able to trigger the zones. As for Battery, I believe you'll need to load the samples for each zone into Battery then I suppose you'll be able to use the existing MIDI region to trigger the drum pattern? Cheers R
  • edgy
    ok thanks but i think i have a glitch going on. i've tried this for hours yesterday, each time i create or recreate a sampler instrument (e.g. using the convert to sampler track) and save it in the EXS24 and then go to ultrabeat and import it -- the sample will only open using the original audio that's playing parts i didn't convert and it plays the sample not the ins. i also use keymap pro, i've tried several ways to save the EXS24 file in a specific folder including where it originally saves. however each time i try to use it in ub, it's only going to the 24 module (bass) and the other samples won't spread to the other voices/modules. is this a glitch or am i doing something wrong?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi edgy, Just to check, you're running 10.6.3 and Logic 9.1.1? Are you running 32-bit or 64-mode? I'll check this out again tomorrow to see if I can replicate this. Cheers Rounik
  • edgy
    i'm running 10.6.3 and Logic 9.1.1 in 64-mode. i'll try it in 32bit, thx
  • Rounik Admin
    aha! This could be the issue... Let me know if it works in 32-bit mode for you... Cheers R
  • edgy
    ok, i'm still testing. when i initially did the 32bit mode the ub voices keep coming up the same way i found that it keep referencing back to the audio file no matter how/where i save it as a midi. i have each step taken in jpg, is there any way i can get it to u. no progress yet / i spent many hours trying to resolve this.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi edgy, You can upload pictures to your posts by following the steps in this thread: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=15243[/url] I'd be interested to see them. Thanks Rounik
  • edgy
    ok it's not in order i notice but the issue is clear [url]http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php[/url] [img]http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi edgy, The pictures didn't show up in your post. Could you try again... this post the direct link to the picture file (NOT the URL to imageshack's website)... this will be a link under the picture called "Direct Link". Thanks Rounik p.s. when you say "the issue is clear" do you mean it's working now in 32-bit mode? :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: