macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JGUNZ
    audio I/O
    I have a macbook pro hooked up with a apogee duet interface, in Logic my I/O does not have a output 1-2 selection anymore? In preferences- output tab, the only choice is output 1-2 (stereo output). This has made my microphone delay, and I cannot find out how to change this. Anybody have an idea? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: audio I/O
    Hi Jex, In Preferences > Audio [I/O Assignments] the default output selection is: Output 1-2 (stereo output)... as the Duet has only 2 outputs this is standard. I think the latency from your microphone would be to do with a different setting. What plugins do you have inserted on the output channel strip and other channel strips? What is the I/O Buffer Size? Try reducing it to decrease latency. Hope that helps Rounik
  • JGUNZ
    Thank you Rounik! I am going to try to reduce the buffer when I get home today. Let me give you a little more info, the selection that actually changed is in the channel strip. Instead of output 1-2 in the pull down menu there is stereo out,or I can select another pull down menu from Mono - input 1 or input 2. This just happened the other night while in a session and I could not find any other options. There is no plug-in on the channel stip selected. Thanks for you help and i will get back with the buffer size.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jex, Output 1-2 was the standard wording used in previous versions of Logic (pre 9) I believe. ASAIK, Logic 9 uses the wording Stereo Output. Another thing to consider is whether your Apogee Duet is selected as the input and the output device in Logic's Preferences? Can you tell me which version of Logic you are running? :) Rounik
  • JGUNZ
    I am using logic pro 9, and my buffer is 512. On the inspector channel strip is where I have stereo out and not the output 1-2. As I look at MPV tutorials (TNT 2) I see the audio track has output 1-2 as the output. Everything was working fine just a couple days ago and set up correctly.I have the apogee selected correctly in the preferences and everything looks to be okay except for the output?? Thank for the help, and I hope I'm not confusing you ps: in the mixer under options> I/O labels, output 1-2 is gray and cannot be marked. The user option has a dot in it and long is stereo output and short has stereo output
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jex, I think a lot of the TNT2 was shot on Logic 8 hence he difference in the name of the output... but that's all it is... a change in name, not function. Output 1-2 being called 'Stereo Output' is completely normal in Logic 9. In the I/O labels, Output 1-2 cannot be renamed here either. A I/O Buffer size of 512 is quite high and during monitoring will induce a noticeable amount of latency if Software monitoring is enabled. 32, 64 or 128 will give much less latency. Have you changed any of the settings in Maestro (software for Duet?) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: