macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jimandroz
    Loop browser on Logic 8 pro
    Where is the loop browser on Logic 8 pro. I have a mac. (just starting..) Also, is it possible to bring the loops from logic pro 8 to logic express 7? I understand this can be done. How? Let me know. Thanks Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Loop browser on Logic 8 pro
    Hi Roz, The Loop Browser is the Media area. Click on the Media button in the top right (in the Toolbar) and from the media area click on the 'Loops' Tab to view the Loop Browser. [img]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7484/screenshot20100610at185.png[/img] You could use the loops from Logic 8 in Logic 7 by importing them into Logic 7. The factory loops are located here: HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/ It's easier to use them in L8 of course. I'd really recommend checking out the Logic 101: Core Logic 8 tutorial as a lot changed from ver. 7 to 8: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] Hope that helps Rounik
  • jimandroz
    Thanks, this is great info! On the HD/Library/Audio/apple loops/apple/ Where do I go to find these? Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roz open a Finder window and navigate to that location and you'll find the loops (audio files) there. Let me know if you need any further help. :) Rounik
  • jimandroz
    Hi Rounik, I am assuming then that I open Logic Express 7 and will find the logic pro 8 files in the loop browser. Is this correct? Basically both programs files will be available to me in Logic Express 7. Thanks Please confirm. Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roz, I'm not sure if that is possible. Unfortunately I can't test this out as I don't have Logic 7 installed on any of my systems anymore. However, you could try re-indexing the Logic 7 Loop Library... but I'd exercise caution doing this as it might interefere with Logic 8's Loop Browser... Here's how you can try it out: 1. Clone your system drive! Backing up is always a good idea. You might like to try using Time Machine of the free Carbon Copy Cloner. 2. Open Logic 7 and drag the Apple Loops folder (as mentioned above) onto the Loop Browser. This should start the re-indexing... Personally, I'd recommend using Logic 8. After you get used to the new interface you should find it much more intuitive to use. Also, you can load Logic 7 projects in Logic 8... but remember if you make any changes to save them as separate proejcts (save as...) - basically this will keep the original project in Logic 7 format and enable you to open it in L7. Sorry I can't be of more help. Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roz, I'm not sure if that is possible. Unfortunately I can't test this out as I don't have Logic 7 installed on any of my systems anymore. However, you could try re-indexing the Logic 7 Loop Library... but I'd exercise caution doing this as it might interefere with Logic 8's Loop Browser... Here's how you can try it out: 1. Clone your system drive! Backing up is always a good idea. You might like to try using Time Machine of the free Carbon Copy Cloner. 2. Open Logic 7 and drag the Apple Loops folder (as mentioned above) onto the Loop Browser. This should start the re-indexing... Personally, I'd recommend using Logic 8. After you get used to the new interface you should find it much more intuitive to use. Also, you can load Logic 7 projects in Logic 8... but remember if you make any changes to save them as separate proejcts (save as...) - basically this will keep the original project in Logic 7 format and enable you to open it in L7. Sorry I can't be of more help. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: