macProVideo.com
Forums
  • definfected
    Logic and Reason
    I'm currently using Logic 9.1 64bit and Reason 4. I can't seem to get Reason into rewire mode. Can you please explain how exactly do I get Reason to work in Logic? Thank you.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic and Reason
    Hi definfected Rewire mode currently only works in 32-bit mode: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3171[/url] I think (but don't quote me on ;) this is because rewire is not yet 64-bit compatible. Cheers Rounik
  • definfected
    Thanks for clearing that up. Now I'm experiencing some latency using Reason in Logic. How can I fix that? Thank you.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Have you changed the rewire mode to live: LogicPro> Preferences > Audio > Devices > CoreAudio > Rewire Behavior > Live Mode You might also want to lower Logic's Buffer I/O Size Let me know if this helps Rounik
  • definfected
    OK that worked. Now how do I get each Reason channel to work independently? Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi There's a good support document online at the PropellerHeads site on setting up Logic and Reason via Rewire that should help: [url]http://www.propellerheads.se/substance/rewirehelp/index.cfm?article=logic8_0&fuseaction=get_article[/url] Follow the steps, and step 4 shows you how to setup and use Multiple ReWire channels. Let me know if you need any further help. :) Rounik
  • definfected
    Everything is working great now! I just want to know how to create a good headphone mix in Logic? I always have to readjust when going from monitors to headphones because the mix is not consistent from one to the other. Thank you.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey definfected, No problem. Have you got access to the Logic 303: TNT2? Jonathan Perl does a great job explaining how to setup a headphone mix in Logic. In fact this can be used to create multiple headphone mixes... as Logic has very powerful and flexible routing options. Let me know, Rounik
  • definfected
    Sorry but I do not have access to that. Thanks anyway.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi definfected, Would highly recommend it. Otherwise you can build a simple Headphone monitor: - Select all your channelstrips in the Mixer. - Send them to an unused Bus. - Adjust the level of Send as desired. - Name the corresponding Aux channel as Headphone Mix. - Set the Output of the Headphone mix to the headphone output of your audio interface. Done! Let me know if that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: