macProVideo.com
Forums
  • djwhiterabbit_oc
    Urgent Help: Bypassing MOTU 828mkii Preamps Using Lucid 9624
    Hello, I want to accomplish bypassing my MOTU 828mkii preamps/converters using my Lucid D/A and A/D 9624 converters. I am using the MOTU firewire driver version 1.5 37320 with Mac OS 10.6.4 and Mac OS 10.5.5. my host daw is Logic Pro 9.1.1 for my Mac OS 10.6.4 partiton and Logic Pro 8.0.2 on my Mac OS 10.5.5 partition with my mac pro early 2008 eight core 3.2GHz. my issue is after connecting all the cables as detailed below MOTU toslink optical out > Lucid DA9624 optical in and Lucid AD9624 optical out > MOTU toslink optical in and I tried MOTU TOSlink optical out > Lucid DA9624 optical in Lucid DA9624 anlaog out > my L2 Hardware anlaog in L2 Hardware analog out > Lucid AD9624 analog inputs Lucid AD9624 optical out > MOTU TOSlink optical in the signal is not routing correctly out of Logic Pro and back in to Logic Pro correctly for my mastering buss. there is no signal going through the LUCID DA or AD converters. and nothing plays through itunes. the mac os x system preferences are set to i/o for the MOTU 828 mkII. when I tried to use s/pdif coaxial the Lucid AD9624 lock light blinks and the sample rate blinks and switches between 44.1 kHZ and 48kHz sample rates on the MOTU 828mkII Lucid DA9624 on their own. should I use the s/pdif coaxial connections for these devices? if so, what are all the settings I should use? I have messed around with changing settings in Audio Midi Setup and the MOTU Audio setup, but I am not sure what the correct settings should be. I have also tried setting MOTU Audio Setup default stereo input to TOSLink, default stereo output to TOSLink, and phones assign to TOSLink. then either in Audio MIDI Setup or MOTU Audio setup I swithched the sample rate to 48kHz for the motu 828mkII and itunes played back audio, but still no signal through the Lucid's or the Waves L2 Hardware with or without Logic Pro. are there other settings in Logic Pro to set other than core audio drivers to motu828mkII for i/o and 24 bit recording ticked.
  • djwhiterabbit_oc
    Re: Urgent Help: Bypassing MOTU 82...
    what I am trying to do, now that I have treated my room, is make my monitor mix sound better and print my mix this way. I need both an A/D and a D/A converter so I will be able to print and monitor my mixes this way for mastering. I'm using Logic Pro and I want to actually hear the audio going into the MOTU via the s/pdif coaxial IN or toslink optical. In my MOTU audio setup I tried setting my clock source set to s/pdif, and my default stereo input set to S/PDIF 1-2. I am using the MOTU 828mkii fw as a host for the Lucid d/a and then out Lucid d/a through the Waves L2 Hardware back through the Lucid A/D and back into the motu. what is absolutely the correct way to set this up, using toslink optical or coaxial s/pdif? does the S/PDIF only appear on Track 9 in Logic for the MOTU?
  • djwhiterabbit_oc
    Re: Urgent Help: Bypassing MOTU 82...
    so I am now well beyond my last challenge I was having with this. now, I have the MOTU 828mkii fw as the master host word clock out set to internal to the Waves L2 hardware with a bnc t splitter going to the Lucid ad94424 with low loss 75 ohm bnc. the thing of it is, the Lucid ad94424 is locked and synched to external and after the Waves L2 hardware with a bnc t splitter and the light blinks when I try to sync to external on the Waves L2 hardware. anyone now how to solve this? thanks. will the lucid genx192 ultra low jitter studio master clock solve my dilemma or would just the Waves L2 ultramaximizer clock update do the trick of having the Waves L2 ultramaximizer word clock in actually read the MOTU external word clock out? Waves L2 ultramaximizer Clock Update Info and Threads: "The L2 WILL NOT sync to the 192 via BNC. Mr. Katz was kind enough to reply to a personal email I sent him, and he confirms what Morgan says, that the L2 does not like to sync via BNC (that''s strange). So I''m OK coming into the L2 via Analog, using L2 on Internal Clock with an AES output, and setting pro tools to external clock during this process. But I''m considering buying a Big Ben clock from Apogee and using that to sync both units to. Unless... anyone has a better idea. FYI most of my work is recording and mixing but I''m trying to make mastering a bigger part of what I do. The Big Ben sounds sweet right? I think it''s about $1300.00. I''ve heard some of you guys talking about Mytek converters too, but haven''t checked any prices yet. Thanks for all of your input! Keep it coming! Bart Rose Texas" Waves L2 hardware using EXT. clock "I''ve left a message with ICB Audio, and a guy at Waves also gave me these folks in MA: High Tech Electronics 60 Island St. Lawrence, MA 01841 (978) 686-8742 HTES If anyone''s had any experience with them it would be great to hear some feedback." "gital gear fixed at this place, two outboard FX units and they did a great job. We also had the L2 hardware unit word clock updated, but that was done through ICB audio years ago. Occasionally, we still have problems with it not clocking to the BigBen, where we hear an obvious distortion/hissing sound. Simply turning the L2 off and back on again fixes it, we always turn the master word clock BigBen on first, but still once in a while the L2 needs itself reset, which is a hassle and we have to check it first before running entire mixes through it. __________________" Waves L2 hardware word clock update? Waves L2 hardware word clock update? High Tech Electronics HTES - Contact ICB Audio and Video Equipment ICB Audio - Home
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: