macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xapemau
    Logic Pro 8 & Nano Kontrol
    Hi,I bought my first midi controller yesterday and followed all the instructions and downloaded the lastest drivers,frimware.O.K I went to the control surface in my DAW and saw a couple video's on YouTube how to assign my slider,knobs,ect...Followed the video's step by step and still can't get it to midi learn any of my faders.Is there something I am missing? I know I'm not the only one out there with, once again Korg's wondeful support.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro 8 & Nano Kontrol...
    Hi hamaric So when you open the Controller Assignments window and learn the faders and knobs to different parameters in Logic what happens that it doesn't work? Thanks Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Thanks for your help.I've been on some forums and found for some people it works and others like me it doesn't.I went to the store yesterday(I live in Stockholm,Sweden,but I'm an American)and asked an English sales rep if he could hook up the Nano Kontrol and show me how it works?He pressed apple then L and the control surface window opened and then he click on midi learn and started to move the faders on a plug-in.When he finished he click again on the learn button to leave the control surface.And everything worked just fine.I went home and tried the exact same thing and it wouldn't responded to memory.I'm thinking it could be something that maybe is not setup in logic to except the messages? Got any idea's? Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hamaric, Strange. I would also go the Cmd-L route too... What you can try: 1. Quit Logic 2. Move the following Control Surface pref file from it's location to the desktop: [Your Home Folder] / Library / Preferences / com.apple.logic.pro.cs 3. Launch Logic and try duplicating the same process again. Let me know how you get on... :) Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Hi,I couldn't find what you wanted me to find.But I got the Nano Kontrol to midi learn just the main output of the plug-in volume,pan,record,stop,FFW,REW,after that nothing is happening.I downloaded again the Kontrol plug-in and the Kontrol Editor.What gets me is, the sales rep at the music store just hooked up the controller and it worked just perfect.I think I will take this one I have down to the shop and see if it works on his system?I feel that I'm getting close to the problem but it must be some thing I must assign from logic so it can detect the right object or visa versa.These problems remind me of High Maintenance women,you never know where you stand!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi hamaric It's important you find the file... It will be there and I believe it's the same for Logic 8 and 9... Here's a pic to show you where I find mine. Substitute the user folder called "Rounik" for your home user account name: [img]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9011/screenshot20100705at130.png[/img] Now move that file to your desktop (Logic should not be running at this point) and restart Logic... Also, you could try deleting the 'control surface' setup in Logic: Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces > Setup... Then select the control surface and choose: Edit > Delete Let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Hi,Rounik Thanks, that made a world of difference,it works now on other plug-ins.Do I leave the com.apple.logic.pro.cs on my desktop all the time or put it somewhere else?Now the only problem is the Nano Kontrol with assigning midi to Omni,RMX.I can't midi the software from the control surface.Nano has mapped everything out with there downloads which is already installed in the control surface when I open it.Omni and RMX have there own midi learn in the plug-in.Also, I went to the shop today and tested my Nano Kontrol with their computer and it worked just fine.So you are right to get me to drag the application out to the desktop.Another thing I found is: that when I assign it to selected track in the control surface,opposed to fader bank it works.I have to mess around with what I have so far and see what's happening? A thousand thanks.Your a clever guy.I'll get back to you.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey hamaric, No probs! You can delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs on your desktop. basically it's Logic's control surface preferences file. So Logic stores and reads info from that file. But because you've moved it from it's default location, Logic then creates a new fresh one. :) Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Hi,Rounik Thanks again for your help and you saved me a world of frustration.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: