macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Felezui
    Click track??
    Hi Steve, is there an easier way to set an odd time signature in logic, except the one you have showed in the earlier videos , with drawing your own click tracks? If so, is there a video for it? I have Logic 8 Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Click track??
    Hi purpleglide, What kind of odd time signature did you have in mind? Also, which video and tutorial are you referring to from Steve H's collection! Thanks Rounik
  • Felezui
    7/8, 5/8, 1/8 and they divided as : 7/8 3+2+2, etc, I just want to know is there an easier way to set them up and subdivide? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Well, I'm not sure which method you have been using to create different time signatures in your project... But here is what I would do: 1. Open Global Tracks (G) 2. Make the signature track larger and using the pencil tool click where you wish to insert a new time signature. 3. In the time signature window you can create odd signatures as you wanted. (See picture below): [img]http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1702/screenshot20100704at165.png[/img] Hope this helps Rounik
  • Felezui
    Ok, thats what I did, but I think Steve H. has described that Logic is not intelligent enough for this, and you have to create your own clicks, with a Midi keyboard, in piano roll, so is that the case; and also is there a way to subdivid that pattern 7/8 in 2+3+2 etc and draw it? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi purpleglide, Which video does Steve H say this? I need to understand the context. Also, if I understand you right... could create a 2/8 and a 3/8 and a 2/8 in the global tracks as the way to subdivide the 7/8 time signature? Thanks Rounik
  • Felezui
    Hi, Rounik, I don't remember in which video, I have bought these video, in my downloads, all I want to do is....is it possible to write / draw these subdivided patterns in Logic, like I want to write this: 7/8= 2/8+2/8+3/8, and If I write these in logic with my pencil tool, will Logic respond playing it correctly? Steve H, says in on of his videos that Logic click track is not intelligent enough for these types of time signature, and we have to use a step input keyboard and a klopfgeist to manually dra clicks in piano roll, do you understand what I am talking about? Thanks
  • Felezui
    Also, Rounik, my NI Video beat machine still is not responding correctly, is there any way to re download?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Purpleglide, Yes, you may find it easier to open Global Tracks and open the Lists area and choose Signature Tab. Now using your forward/backward (,) and (.) buttons you can move the playhead as desired and click on 'Create Signature'. Then drag the numeric values to match the signature you want. It plays back fine here. But try it out and see if it works as you want it to. If not then creating your own click track as Steve H instructs is a fail safe and very cool method too. Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    I was going to respond to your ticket via Support about the NI Kontakt 205... I've downloaded it and it's all fine here. Either right-click on the video title 'Beat Machine' and choose re-download. It should register as re-downloading... If this doesn't fix the issue try deleting the N.E.D. preferences file: 1. Quit NED. 2. Navigate to the following location: Your User / Library / Preferences / 3. Move this file: com.nonlineareducating.NED3.plist to your desktop 4. Re-launch NED and log-in. In the Downloads & Admin section make sure the Kontakt 205 tut is enabled (ticked) and click on 'Download'. 5. If this doesn't work try right-clicking on the video title 'Beat Machine' and choose re-download. If there is still no joy... very odd if this is the case(!), then you might wish to re-download the entire Kontakt 205 tutorial? Let me know how you get on and I'll give you instructions if needs be. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: