macProVideo.com
Forums
  • James Champion
    Wanted to Get Started Soon So This May ???
    So if I join for $25/mth, I get unlimited access to "all" training videos for the whole month. I need to understand Environment etc. Sorry if this question should have been answered by my reading, but I have been ill and I am using music ed. to help me get back in the game. thanks. I just paid for "ASK Video" module and it was worthless. Logic Studio 9
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Wanted to Get Started Soon So ...
    Hello James, That's right the subscription will give you online access to ALL the tutorials we offer through your browser. Yes, that includes All Logic, FInal Cut, Photoshop, Live, Mainstage, Mac OS, etc etc)... What areas do you wish to learn about and what type of music will you be making / do you make? electronic based or acoustic... You can check out the first 5 videos or so of each Logic tutorial... Click on the 'Launch Player' button (top right of the page)... The Logic 101 is extremely comprehensive and very popular and a great place to start... it includes an introduction to the Environment and so much more... then there's great tutorials that will take you deeper and deeper into Logic! Also, feel free to ask away here if you have any questions :) Cheers Rounik
  • James Champion
    I have an older Motif 7, Triton Studio, and Korg M3. I just bought a new Imac 27"; always had PC's before. I am 59 years old and was a computer wiz of sorts years ago, but have had years of medical issues, cancer, wrist pain, mental. I recently got some extra money. I used to play B3's and hard rock. Had all the cool keyboards. Original Mini-Moog, Fender Rhodes, etc. I miss the ones with the right sounds. I am writing some rock/Christian (sort-of) music. I want to be able to play as much live as I can, but my idea is to create songs to give others ideas, maybe sell them; get new ideas!! My wrists are really bad; another reason to get ideas in a DAW. I did a lot with MIDI when it was first released. I have designed digital devices, but things are slow for me now. I am using TC Helicon VoiceLive too...I not a singer,but without the ideas the songs don't make sense either. I need to get the ideas together sooner or I will forget them. Bottom line, I need to understand the more technical stuff so that I am not intimidated. I started to use my keyboards and map some NI KORE AU's in a bass line and the MIDI went nuts. I am using VB3 in a song, using my MOTIF as a controller, and the Triton changes the program. I used Cubase with my PC, but I want to move on and get serious before I come up with any other issues... Does this make sense?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi James, Excuse the late reply. From what you've said it sounds like working through the tutorials from 101 upwards would be a great idea. I'm sure some concepts in the 101 would already be familiar to you, but Logic is such a deep program that you'll learn lots and lots. ----- QUOTE: "Bottom line, I need to understand the more technical stuff so that I am not intimidated. I started to use my keyboards and map some NI KORE AU's in a bass line and the MIDI went nuts. I am using VB3 in a song, using my MOTIF as a controller, and the Triton changes the program." ----- I'm not sure what you mean by the MIDI went nuts... did it sustain/loop? Do you have a MIDI Panic button on your keyboard? How have you setup the Motif and Triton in Logic? :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: