macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drumchile
    Logic Pro 9 and the Roland TD-20
    I'm wanting to record each instrument from my TD-20 onto seperate midi tracks and then record the TD-20's audio through the 8 direct outs into my audio interface. The TD-20 has the option to change the note values of each trigger and can designate seperate channels per trigger. I had considered just recording all the triggers on track 10 and then do the "seperate events by note pitch" option but then i'm thinking there's different notes/TRACKS just for each function of the hi-hat or the snare with the additional note for rimshot. This is definately a first for me and i'm aware that you can't make drum maps in logic but is there a more streamline way of doing this? Maybe a way of quasi-drum mapping it? haha I'm wondering if the internal drum sounds in the TD-20 are worth the hassle. I'd really love to track all instruments seperately though for sure but also using midi. Any thoughts or advice?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro 9 and the Roland TD-...
    Hi drumchile, Can you separate each sound from the TD-20 on separate MIDI Channels? Also, have you tried Settings > Recording > MIDI and ticking "Auto Demix by channel if multitrack recording". Did you know after recording, you can select the MIDI region and choose: MIDI > Separate MIDI Events > By Event Channel or Note Pitch? You can also merge any regions (e.g. 3 different pitches in three separate regions which make up the hi hats) to one region on one track... Hope that helps Rounik
  • drumchile
    Yes i can channelize the triggers. Works great! Thanks soo much for the quick response and sorry for the late reply on my part. Always a huge help you guys.
  • Rounik Admin
    Glad to be of help drumchile! Let us know if you need any further help :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: