macProVideo.com
Forums
  • asuyuha
    iPad as a Logic Controller
    Hey everyone, It just occurred to me the other day how awesome it would be if some genius could find a way to link the iPad to Logic's interface. Imagine if the iPad could act as a sort of wireless interface, with faders, knobs and pads to control the environment and so on. How far are we from achieving these kind of possibilities?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: iPad as a Logic Controller
    It's already here! Air Display is an awesome app that makes your iPad/iPhone into a second display. You can then use it to control an environment...a plugin... it's not ideal as Logic is not designed for multi touch - but it's still highly useful. [url]http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/air-display/id368158927?mt=8[/url] AC7 Pro for iPad is a Mackie Emulator. Works absolutely great with Logic... love it... love it.... well worth the cost! [url]http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ac-7-pro-control-surface/id363743042?mt=8[/url] There are other controller apps but these stand out from the crowd i my opinion. :) Rounik
  • asuyuha
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Sigh, there's really an abundance of wonderful apps around, too bad it's hard to source through the mountain of bad ones...
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem asuyuha! It's true... sometimes too much choice... is not a great thing ;-) Best Rounik
  • Vivisuy
    I have been having the same daydreams. I would be astonished if Apple wasn't already testing full seamless real time iPad integration for controlling Logic. Maybe Logic 10. It would be the "logical" thing to do.
  • Rounik Admin
    I'd love that too! In the meantime I can't recommend AC7 Pro enough! I'd imagine before Logic / a Logic controller makes it onto the iPad, Garageband (or a variant) will make an appearance... An interesting aside is that some iPad users have found that certain USB mics work when connected to the iPad's camera connection kit! :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: