macProVideo.com
Forums
  • coFane
    locking Logic's and Ableton's MIDI clocks together?
    I've been using Ableton Live for performance though I primarily produce in Logic. It all seems to be going fine, however I want to still use Logic's guitar amp simulators for when I play guitar in my performances. Is it possible to lock Live's and Logic's midi clocks together so that this could work? Also, is there any way to possibely route the audio of on DAW to the other using something like soundflower? Rounik... you have to have some ideas about this with all your logic know how ;) Thanks for any help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: locking Logic's and Ablet...
    Hi Cofane, Sounds to me like a job for "rewire"! Check out this thread for more info: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=20998&sid=#20998[/url] Let me know if it helps or not. :) Rounik
  • coFane
    Cool, I'm familiar with ReWire but haven't done it yet with Ableton. My only concern would be the amount of control I had over Ableton when I'm performing if it is SLAVED to Logic. I want to do EVERYTHING via my APC 40 and Ableton. Will I still have FULL control over Live in ReWire mode if it is a slave? I would only be using Logic to run my guitars through and maybe my vocals and some ES2, Scultpure patches here and there. Granted, I know that I won't be able to use any of Live's looping or effects features on the sounds I'm creating through Logic (because Live is the slave--I can deal with that). I just need to maintane full versatile control over Ableton when it's a slave. Is it possible? Thanks for the time Rounik!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey CoFane, It sounds like you don't require Logic's sequencer? In which case you could rewire Live and Mainstage... where you'll have full access to all the synths and guitars and audio channel strip settings. It could be really interesting as you can create a visually pleasing (and very functional interface) in MS2 that will control the MS synth and audio settings and Live too... :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: