macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jeck
    system overloud
    hello i just buy a quad imac because my core 2 duo ,stops every 5 seconds of playing "system overloud " with my new machine happens the same frustrating thing ,i have 4 G of ram and put my other imac as a node and still stops ,wath should we have to do to have a nonstoping session? i have logic 8 thanks hector villazon
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: system overloud
    Hi Hector, Under what circumstances is Logic stopping (Sys Overload)? How many audio tracks, software instrument tracks and effects do you have? What plugins are you running which may be causing this? What audio interface are you using? What is your I/O Buffer size setting? Personally, I'd use that info first, but would also consider upgrading to Logic 9 which should be more efficient when running under Snow leopard... :) Rounik
  • jeck
    thank you Rounik 1 when play and in record logic stops and appear little window that says System Overloud the audio engine was not able to process all required data in time (_-10011) continue this happens a lot sometimes every 5 seconds of playing j have superior east west choir blue tube vintage warmer and vienna instruments six or seven audios and 8 instruments.. my audio interface is ONE apogee in order to record ive put 64 buffer size setting thanks again
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hector, An I/O Buffer Size of 64 would probably cause Logic to Sys Overload on a Mac Pro running EW Choir, Vintage Warmer and Vienna Instruments!!! You need to increase the I/O Buffer Size! or bounce audio or freeze the CPU hungry instruments to audio... Logic 9.1.1 will allow you to run in 64-bit mode which gives you the possibility to use more than 4GB of ram with 64-bit compatible plug-ins. Thanks Rounik
  • jeck
    thanks rounik i increase to 256 and it doesnt stop hector
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Hector! Remember that the I/O Buffer Size can / should be changed whenever your needs change... so when recording lower it and when mixing raise it. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: