macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jimandroz
    Midi Sound?
    Hello, Well I'm ready to create music and I am able to record my flute, however my midi keyboard doesn't have any sound. I have my earphones plugged into the m-audio and the keyboard plugged into the hard drive. Any suggestions. I am using a mac and logic express 7. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Midi Sound?
    Hi Roz, I need a bit more info to understand the issue here... What kind of MIDI keyboard are you using? Is it 1. a MIDI Controller (doesn't contain it's own onboard sounds - can trigger sound on an Audio Instrument track in Logic)... or: 2. a MIDI Keyboard with it's own onboard sounds? If (2.) Create a new MIDI track in Logic and you should be able to record the MIDI notes from the keyboard to the track. The sound will need to be routed from the keyboard to a speaker. If you wish you can connect the output from the MIDI Keyboard to the M-Audio sound card's input(s). Now in Logic create an Audio track and set the input to correspond with the Inputs on the M-Audio. Record ready the track and you should be able to hear sound. Hope that helps Rounik
  • jimandroz
    Rounik, Ok, it's all coming back to me. I forgot that I had to create a sound. How do I loop a fragment? Also, where do I go to change the key. I think I remember I had to go to the top and create dots and move the sound up and down accordingly. You are a great help! Thanks Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roz, To loop a region press 'L' on your keyboard or position your mouse cursor at the top right of the region edge and the pointer turns into a loop tool. Drag to the right to create loops of that region. To change the key, you can open Global Tracks and in the Signature section you can change the key. Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: