macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ranirou
    Bus send knob vs. fader in post-fader send.
    Hello all, First off, I'm a fairly new member here and also new to Logic. I've been enjoying so many fantastic videos for about a month now and I have to say you guys are great! I was just watching Ch.181 of Martin Sitter's Core Logic 9 and had a question: The knob next to the Bus Send, 'controls the amount of channel signal sent to an Aux channel' as I understand from Ch.179. In Ch.181, Mr. Sitter is explaining pre- vs. post- fader sends and demonstrates how, in a post-fader selection, the signal level sent to the Aux is affected by the fader. I was just wondering how the knob next to the Bus Send, then, factors into that equation? Do both the knob and the fader perform the same function in that scenario? Does one override the other? Well, I guess that's three questions... Thanks for your time and information in advance, Gary
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bus send knob vs. fader in pos...
    Hi Gary, Good question. When in post-fader mode the channel strips fader controls the level before the signal reaches the Send knob. Let's say you wanted to send a clipped signal to the Aux... (why you'd want to do this.. I don't know ;-) Switch the send to post fader and now turn increase the level fader for the channel strip until it clips. Increasing the Send level knob will always send the already clipped signal, but allows you to choose the amount of the already clipped signal. ... a better example would be by panning the channel strip and sending the panned signal... but i hope this helps. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: