macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Clik
    A Controller Assignments TNT?
    Have any of the Logic TNTs looked at the Controller Assignments window yet ? Not just Easy View/cmd L - I mean, *gulps*, [i]Expert View[/i]. Setting up Zones, and Modes, "modeless assignments", modifier keys etc... maybe even setting up a control surface to emulate a Logic Control?! I know, Logics Control Surfaces Support pdf is pretty detailed, but it could help many Logic users to see some of those functions illustrated/used in practice.
  • steveH
    Re: A Controller Assignments TNT?
    Cool idea! I'll look at it!
  • jvanva
    I would like to add my wish for coverage of the Controller Assignments window. Particularly, I am interested in interfacing a midi controller having a number of sliders and knobs to control software instrument settings and the mixer. (bank switching of mixer knobs would be nice) I've tried my hand at this with my controllers but I am not getting reliable results. Thanks!! jvanva
  • Rularey
    I'd also like to second this, it's something that's bugged me for a long, long time, and I've never really gotten very far with. In particular, I noticed that you, Steve, were using a Korg Nano controller in Chapter 3 of your TNT3 tutorial! You were even using the XY pad to control effects! This is something that's eluded me for a long time, I'd love for you to show how to program the Nano series of controllers.
  • steveH
    This is a bit of a can-o-worms because every controller is different, has programable outputs and everybody likes to use them for different things. I personally hijack the CCs, modify and reroute them in the environment because I'm not fond of the fact they are saved as preferences. And, I'm into live performance... not into hardware mixer substitutions. Of course I don't own conventional mixer controllers or use them in conventional ways. However, I'm open to TNT ideas... Can we be more specific?
  • Rularey
    Thanks for your thoughts Steve. To be honest, you may have answered a few of my questions already! Just knowing you prefer going through the environment rather than controller assignments (and the aforementioned TNT) already tells me a lot. I think I understand how you would design a control interface in the Environment from watching your tutorial on the SFX bypass TNT (i.e. finding your parameter using monitors), would you be able to expand on how to route that SFX Bypass button to a hardware button on a midi controller? If I have this right, it will be in the 'input' dropdown in the SFX Fader's menu; and then you'd select an appropriate Midi CC which you'd then program your controller to output?
  • steveH
    Not sure I understand... Could you be more specific? What is it that you want do?
  • Rularey
    What I'd really like to be able to do is use the XY pad on my Korg Nanopad in Logic to control two effect parameters. For example, have the Y axis control the 'Depth' parameter in the Fuzz-Wah, and have the X axis controlling a different parameter, like the 'Panning' for the track.
  • steveH
    You can see, in the monitor object in the clickas and ports layer what CCs the Korg's xy pad is putting out. Then, by connecting a monitor object to the output of the channel strip where the fuzzwah located and jiggling the parameter you want to control, you can find the "fader" channel, event and number. Use a transformer to "Transform" the xy's CCs into Fader data and route that data directly to the channel strip. See if you can get it working..... Goodnight! :)
  • Rularey
    Thanks very much for your help Steve, I'll let you know if I manage to get it working! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: