macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kejedey
    Dithering and aiff to wav conversion - Logic 9
    Hi Guys, just had this problem - mastering a track in waveburner (red book standard, including ISRC codes) - burning a master CD, employing POW-R 1 dithering (24 bit aiff to 16 bit CD) Now I need a 16 bit wavv of the track, to upload to Zimbalam. So, reload the CD, import the track into a Logic 9 project and bounce it to 16 bit wavv. Now, by applying dithering at this stage have I lost my resolution? I bounced with and without dither, and compared to the 16 aiff file imported from the master CD... Too be honest I can't tell much, if any difference. I suppose my preference would be maybe the undithered wav, but it seems moot to my ears. But doesn't Logic raise the bit rate anyway to create an overview before converting? Do you lose resolution either way? Is there a right way of doing this? Cheers!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Dithering and aiff to wav conv...
    Hi Gurner, After you;ve imported the 16bit file from CD into Logic, simply go to the Bin and choose Copy/Covert file(s)... Change the file type to wave and you're done... no need to bounce. That will give you a 16bit wave file. If you import a 16 bit file into Logic and bounce it to 16 bit, there is no need to apply any dithering. The only time dithering is needed is when you have audio files at 24bit and you are bouncing the mix down to 16 bit. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Kejedey
    Great, thanks for that - G
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs Gurner! :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: