macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Felezui
    Question Logic 8/Kontakt4
    Hi, guys . Question I want to use 64 midi channels in one instance of Kontakt, so far I have used 16 (assigning them to a different Midi and outputs In Logic), I Logic I selected a multitimbral inst. , then I added aux tracks in mixer window, everything works fine... Now. I want to use thoso 64 istr. in Kontakt, how can I create more outputs in Kontakt and assign them to Logic? Should I create more midi channels in Logic and another instance of Kontakt; another words what options do you have with one instance of Kontakt with 64 channels and Logic? How do you make Logic to respond to more than 16 at one instance? I hope I making it clear Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Question Logic 8/Kontakt4
    Hi purpleglide, I believe you'll only be able to use 16 MIDI Channels per instance of Kontakt in Logic.... so you'll need 4 instances of Kontakt 4 each with upto 16 MIDI Channels per instance. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Felezui
    Ok, Rounik, then please tell me what is a practical use of an instance of Kontakt with 64 channels, what would they be used for? OR how would you be using it? Thank You
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Purpleglide, To be honest, I'm not much of a Kontakt user... though that may change having watched some of Scott Freiman's videos! I think Kontakt, despite having 64 channels still has only 16 outputs... at least in Logic... though this could be different in Pro Tools and Nuendo. In theory you could trigger different strings, for example, on channels 17-20, which are outputted through one Channel in Logic. So for orchestral scores, etc, then it could be really useful. :) Rounik
  • Felezui
    Thanks
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: