macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Logic 9 bugs and workarounds
    Hello All, Please use this thread to share and report the following to your fellow Logic users... - Bugs in Logic 9.x - any workarounds for these bugs - If you're in doubt that an issue is a bug then please introduce it in a new thread first. It'll help us to keep this thread as a 'Bug' report area. (N.B. A bug is often a technical issue in a piece of software that does not function or does not function the way it is advertised. If a feature is not available in Logic, but is in another application, then this does NOT make it a bug.) Thanks. Let's get bug squishing ;-)
  • Ricardo
    Audio File Timing Error after Merge Caused by Low Latency Button
    Problem: Audio File Timing Error after Merge Caused by Low Latency Button System: Logic 9.1.1 under OSX 10.5.8 on MacBook Description: When merging two audio files there is sometimes a timing shift on the new merged file, which on my system was a delay of about 2400 samples (about 57 ms at 44.1 kHz). I usually noticed this during swipe editing with "Flatten and Merge" of audio takes. Once in this state, any bounce-in-place or merge operations will be delayed and the only way to get out of this state so that merge would work correctly was to restart Logic. The effect is a bit subtle and might not be noticeable depending on the program material and the listener. However, it is certainly large enough to wreck a groove. Neither Rounik nor I could find this reported anywhere. Work-around: Since I really like the swipe editor (even my vocals can be made to sound decent) I spent a lot of time chasing this to determine what triggers this erroneous state. After toggling every conceivable button and preference that might be remotely related I finally did stumble on the trigger: If the Low Latency button is enabled (orange), then the timing error will occur for both bounce in place and merge operations. It just so happens that when swipe editing fresh audio takes with flatten and merge operations, it is likely that the low-latency button is enabled for recording. I sent a description of this "smoking gun" to Apple support, and it is probably a 5-minute fix for them. Hopefully we will see it soon. In the mean time beware of this since the effect may not be blatantly obvious, but certainly does kill a groove.
  • Gorynui
    Re: Logic 9 bugs and workarounds
    I'm re-posting from another area... I've just come across an error message that pops up in a project I'm working on which has a lot of flex edited regions: "Unexpected request for audio data. See console (elastic audio) -10024" It pops up on screen, but doesn't stop playback. I've seen it mentioned on a couple of forums, but no solutions. Well, a few minutes later, I tried simplifying the arrangement in the area where several flex-edited regions overlapped. I used the bounce in place feature on a few, and it seems to have cleared up the issue. Maybe my 4 GB of RAM can only deal with a limited amount of flex editing at a time...
  • Gorynui
    And here's a new one, that may be Logic or Omnisphere... I tried opening Omni on a track, with no others currently open (lots of other Logic software instruments, just not Omni). While trying to load a baritone guitar, I got the message: "Sample memory is not available (0.00 gb). Before loading again, use Lite versions of Patches, or decrease pre-load memory size on System window, or clear un-used parts." I've used several tracks with Omni on them before without problem. Ever hear of this issue? And with my 2.8 Ghz quad-core and 4 GB of RAM, and considering the number of tracks I'm using, this seems odd. However, having just reloaded my OS, Logic and Omni, I may have missed a tweak here or there...
  • logicluvva
    I've only seen one mention of this elsewhere. No fixes as yet. When copying and pasting or swapping sounds in Ultrabeat, it crashes. Only when there is a sample being used in Osc2. Otherwise it's ok. It kind of spoils it if you are making kits from samples and wanting to move sounds around on the keyboard. Someone mentioned that it's ok in ' default' setting but otherwise , a crash ensues. I didn't check that but it crashed on the sample kits that I was using.
  • Rohogay
    Un-able to solo I/O outputs other then 1&2. I found that the prescribed process to solo-safe the effected channel where by you bring up the channel strip in the inspector, set the output that won't play sound and control click the Solo button, does not always work. A simple solution is as follows. Go in the environment. Open up the Mixer. In the mixer menu click new>Channel Strip>Output. [img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8455/screenshot20101207at338.png[/img] Victor Mason Mojave Ampworks LLC Bring up the outputs until you get to either one output you need or any you would consider as ones you would need later. Control Click each of these Output Solo buttons. Now your good to go on soloing if you're using a Soft Patch I/O for external hardware. [img]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8455/screenshot20101207at338.png[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Good tip Mojave!! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • Ankush
    Logic 9 Midi Problems
    Hi Rounik, Me again:) Hope u r well. I have another problem which has taken me the whole day to figure out, but in vain. I use a Yamaha PSR E-203 keyboard with a M-Audio Midisport Uno USB cable as the Midi cable to connect to Logic Pro 9. For some reason today, logic is not playing back the sounds from the keyboard. I tried re-scanning the USB cable and it is showing up clearly. Could you please help? Thanks, Ankush
  • Gorynui
    Re: Logic 9 Midi Problems
    Hi Ankush. This may have nothing to do with your problem, but I've noticed that since loading Logic 9, my Korg Triton Extreme keyboard won't speak with Logic unless the keyboard is turned on before Logic is opened. I'm willing to bet you've tried such simple possibilities...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 9 Midi Problems
    Hi Ankush, Another possibility is that you don't the audio connections set up (both physically and internally in Logic) correctly? Check out these articles on The MPV Hub for more info: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/setting-up-external-midi-instruments-in-logic-part-1[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/setting-up-external-instruments-in-logic-part-2[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: