macProVideo.com
Forums
  • lostnthesound
    Re: Logic 9 bugs and workarounds
    Not sure if this a bug or simple user error. Every time I add an instrument channel strip, Logic always places the first two or three instrument channel strip instances as mono, and remain that way even if I assign a stereo instrument (i.e. ES2) to the newly created strip. Its not until I add enough instrument channel strips for the "E Piano" preset Channel Strip to be displayed that I can effectively add an instrument to a stereo channel strip with my intended stereo setting. The obvious work around is to create a channel strip preset with my instrument of choice with it's respective mono/stereo status so that it loads correctly. Again, not sure if it's a bug or user error. And if it is a bug, it's definitely not a deal breaker, but a minor annoyance nonetheless. Keep up the great work Steve H. et al here at MPV.
    Help! Im experiencing a bit of trouble in Logic's Audio track. I have just started using Logic a couple of months ago and it worked seemlessly fine with recording MIDI & Audio tracks, until last night when i tried to work on a previous project. I plugged in my bass guitar to an interface then started recording, but for some reason, i noticed that the plugins didn't work. I doubled check everything, "R" and "Auto-monitoring" are enabled but somehow plugins were only triggered on playback. I spent all night trying to figure out what went wrong? Hope you could spare your little time helping me out. I'll appreciate it much. Thanks LOGIC MASTERS! :) be safe.. 
  • Rounik Admin
    Re:
    Hi ! Have you checked that Software Monitoring is enabled in: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio If this is disabled then you won't hear the signal being processed by the plugins while recording. (p.s. Can I ask you for two favours please: 1. It's better to create a new topic for your question as it's not related to the content of this thread. :) 2. Can you assign a name to yourself by following the "Forum settings" link near the top of this page. Otherwise I won't get notified when you reply or post on the forums.) Thanks! Rounik
    Rounik, Thank you for your time. I truly, appreciate it. Ok, im sorry about that.. It goes to show im a newbie. :) i'll just copy and paste what question i had in here to a new one. Thanks again. Have a marvelous one. Ceej
  • Kimbone
    Re: can't record midi in Logic 9
    Just upgraded to L9. Latest bug (amongst others) is that I cannot record midi in certain sessions. Logic is receiving midi data while record-enabled but will not respond. This doesn't happen to all sessions, just certain ones at random, when the day before all was well. I'm sorry to say I haven't found any work-arounds. I have to add that L9 has been very disappointing, very unstable and has shown such limitations without warning at the worst of times, like when having professional players in studio. Never had any issues with L8.
  • GaryHiebner
    Try the following with the projects that are not working: 1. Open the Logic Project which the MIDI is not working in. Go the File Menu, then Save a Copy as... 2. Choose a Destination. Make sure you tick the relevant options under Assets (such as copy external audio files to project file etc...) 3. Navigate to this new saved project folder and try open this project and see if it is working. This will eliminate if it is a project issue or a complete Logic issue. Let us know what the outcome is.
  • Kimbone
    You nailed it, Gary, it was a project issue. Many, many thanks to you and all of the others at MacPro.
  • GaryHiebner
    Great. I'm glad you sorted it out.
    thank[img]http://www.amzcard.info/g.gif[/img]
  • Kukilue
    Re: Audio File Timing Error after Merge Caused by Low Latency Bu
    Wow - this hasn't been fixed yet!! And you are the first person I've found experiencing the same bug. This has royally SCREWED me a few times, since it's subtle and you may not notice it until way too late. How do we get Apple to fix this??
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: