macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Burafao
    Re: Logic 9 bugs and workarounds
    Hi This is quite odd. Been working solidly with Logic 9 for 8 months. When i go to bounce a song now, the "bouncing" progress bar gets to the end and freezes for a good 5 to 10 minutes. The bounce is somewhere like 10 minutes longer than the cycle region. This is really bizaare. I must say that though i love Flex editing, i am starting to suspect that Flex editing is far from being bug free. As i said its a suspicion, but my projects are sometimes doing unusual things after i start flex editing tracks, like Automation values seem to change, with extra nodes added. As i write this to you, the bounce that i am making of a song to send an mp3 to my client is still frozen at the end of the "bounce" progress bar. Oh dear. Help. Just hit ESC to quit the bounce. The fans on my 2011 mac mini were running fast as they do when i bounce a plug-in heavy song, even though it was at the end of the bounce for the last 10 minutes. Just about to install Logic update 9.1.7 Maybe there is a fix in it!!
  • Gorynui
    Hi there. I'm afraid I don't have a solution, just wondering if your problem arose since last week's Logic update? I use a Focusrite VRM Box, to approximate different monitoring situations, and it has stopped working since the update.
  • Burafao
    Just installed the update. No change. This is really quit serious. I can't make bounces!! The play head just keeps on going after the END of the song in bounce mode.
  • Burafao
    OK i found how to get around the Bounce BUG. I had the "AUDIO TAIL" box tick. I untick it and Logic behaves the way it should. Tick it and the play head just keeps on going for ever after it passes the end of the cycle region. Say what? thats real weird. Here is another problem. A mate on his computer has WavesTune. We beat mapped a song and when ever there is a tempo change due to the beat mapping, Logic and WavesTune go completely out of sync, making it completely unsuable. We have been using WavesTune a lot, great great software, but with beat mapping, Logic renders it useless. Guess a way round this would be to "tune" the audio first and then bounce it with WavesTune and then beat map the song with "in-tune" tracks. or If the song is already beat mapped, bounce the song minus the out of tune track and then in another project import the bounced song track and import the out of tune track and work with WavesTune there. Rounik and co, i think you are in touch with the Logic developers, is that right? Could you pass these 2 bugs on? The Logic update i installed last night has had no effect with these problems. Thanks tOM
  • GaryHiebner
    Congrats on finding your bouncing solution. I think tuning the audio with Waves Tunes would be a good idea first. Then bounce the audio to a new track. And then beat map the audio. How many audio tracks are you working with in the project.
  • Burafao
    Not that many. 6 audio and 10 software, mainly EXS24's. Yup going to do the order of Tuning then beat mapping. Don't know if its Logic9 problem or just to much info using a 3rd party plug-in for the whole system to have to calculate?
  • GaryHiebner
    May just be an issue with Waves Tune and Beatmaping? 3rd party plugins can introduce their own problems. Very tricky to say which is causing it.
  • Burafao
    Here is another oddity. When i click on an automation line in a region sometimes and its only sometimes, logic scrolls (not a slow scroll, but in an instant) the arrange page all the way back to the beginning of the song. It happens whether the song is playing or not. And the song will continue, so for example if i am zoomed in and looking at bar 150 and i click to make an automation node the song will still play in the 150th bar but i will see bar 1 or 2. It has happened to 2 projects in the last 3 months and is quite annoying. But if my memory is correct, this problem goes away after some time, maybe because i have done something which corrects this glitch. Anyone had this? I run Logic 9.1.7 and Lion 10.7.3 Thanks tOM
  • DaveRobinson
    Graphics issues are common on ML upgrades, others report no problems. Not long back i had logic freeze on me while renaming regions, piano editing "lots of", maybe too quickly. White flash, freeze. Force quit needed, out of nowhere? Lasted a couple of days. Looking back i recall glancing at "Magic Mouse" in the instant the freeze began wondering if i'd clicked the wrong part of the mouse, looking up saw the freeze. The MBP is set back away from me so the trackpad is not used much, Key commands and magic mouse my main flow. Took a while to remember i'd changed to the "High Performance" graphics card ages ago, all seemed fine, until just before Lion-ML upgrade. I bought ExtFw7200rpm disk and set it up, changing the graphics to the default "Better Battery Life" > 9400M Graphics card... Login was quick! really quick, os x is refreshed, light... No problems with logic for a month or so now. I'm lucky, others are having a bad time of it. Squashing bugs is good for all. The developers do there best, good ones do, i like to think so. If you need to report issues checkout the link below 8-) [url]http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html[/url] Logic Pro 9.1.7 | MacBookPro 5,2 17 inch | 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 | OS 10.8 | 8 GB Ram | Apogee Duet (fw) |
  • DaveRobinson
    Re: Re: Logic 9 bugs and workarounds
    More info about compatibility. my machine MacBookPro5,2 MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2009) - Technical Specifications [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/SP546?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US[/url] 1067 MHz ram. 8GB kit (4GBx2) DDR3 PC3 8500 1067MHz for your 2009 / 2010 Apple Macbook Pro & iMac [url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/memory-upgrades-1067Mhz-Macbook-laptop/dp/B004TQGF1E[/url] MacBook5,2. Those MacBooks, which still feature the legacy pre-unibody case design and were manufactured in early- to mid-2009, are supported in Mountain Lion because they feature an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics card instead of the integrated Intel GPUs in their predecessors. Mountain Lion will only run on the following Macs: iMac (mid 2007 or later) MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later) MacBook Pro (Mid/late 2007 or later) MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later) Mac Mini (Early 2009 or later) Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later) Xserve (Early 2009) Not be able to run Mountain Lion (model identifiers in parentheses): Late 2006 iMacs (iMac5,1, iMac5,2, iMac6,1) All plastic MacBooks that pre-date the aluminum unibody redesign (MacBook2,1, MacBook3,1, MacBook4,1) MacBook Pros released prior to June 2007 (MacBookPro2,1, MacBookPro2,2) The original MacBook Air (MacBookAir1,1) The Mid-2007 Mac mini (Macmini2,1) The original Mac Pro and its 8-core 2007 refresh (MacPro1,1, MacPro2,1) Late 2006 and Early 2008 Xserves (Xserve1,1, Xserve2,1) Update: It slipped my mind that there were two pre-unibody plastic MacBooks introduced between the aluminum MacBook and the plastic unibody redesign, both of them with the model identifier MacBook5,2. Those MacBooks, which still feature the legacy pre-unibody case design and were manufactured in early- to mid-2009, are supported in Mountain Lion because they feature an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics card instead of the integrated Intel GPUs in their predecessors. Taken from here [url]http://www.tuaw.com/2012/02/16/mountain-lion-drops-support-for-several-older-mac-models/[/url] The fact that even identical models work/don't is tripped by "hardware" and 3rd party influences, pretty sure of that. There are cases of lag going back quite a while, not sure if its related to todays issues. Lets hope the fix is quickly released. [solved] is good to see.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: