macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Razza
    Cross Fade Not Working...HELP!!
    Ok, So i've been recording the guitar part to a song and have done it in sections.........i've recorded these sections on different tracks and now want to use the logic Cross fade tool to achieve seamless transition of the two. Logic used to create a crossfade for me but now it insist that i want to drag the audio region from left to right (which is not what I want to do). Im wondering if i have pressed a tick boxing for this setting to come about? Please help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Cross Fade Not Working...HELP!...
    Hi Crossfading & welcome to the macProVideo forums :) What version of Logic are you using? You can only crossfade regions that are adjoining on the same track. However, you can use the cross fade tool to apply a fade-in or fade-out to an audio region in a number of ways: 1. Select the audio region and in the Inpsector's Region Parameters Area rag or double-click next to the Fade In and Fade Out parameters to adjust the fade values. 2. Select the Fade tool from the Tool menu and drag from within the audio regions boundary over the left/right edge of the region. 3. Using the Pointer tool hold down Control and Shift and drag from within the audio regions boundary over the left/right edge of the region. Let me know if the above works for you or not. :) Rounik
  • Razza
    They didn't work :( The two sections are adjoining, I have dragged them from seperate tracks on to a single track. But from then on when I select the cross fade tool it just drags the audio regions from ledt to right? Grrrr
  • Rounik Admin
    What version of Logic are you running? Are either of the regions Take Folders?
  • Razza
    Ive done it!! It was just a case of flattening the comp (in whatever way you choose, I did it by exporting the comp to a new track so that I could Still change it ifni wanted to!) and then the cross fade tool works!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Great, glad you did! It's important to note that Take Folders are a collection of "takes" or multiple regions and the fade tools can not be applied to them unless they are flattened or bounced to a standard audio region. If you are running Logic 8, you may also find that the fade tool will not work on audio apple loops either. This isn't the case with Logic 9. :) R
  • Razza
    And it's logic 9
  • Razza
    Seinding arragments
    Hellooo!! Is it possible to email arrangements to people? And more specifically can you email only certain tracks of arrangements to people? ?!?!?! :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Razza, To send an arrangement you need to send the Logic project file. This will include all MIDI regions and plugin settings. However, any audio files specific to your system will not be sent. These are contained within the audio files folder within your project folder. So to send a complete project, make sure that (in the save dialog window) you've ticked "Assets" and have copied the files your friend may not have to the project folder. Then right-click on the project folder and choose "Compress..." To send selected arrangements, save the project as... and delete the regions you don't want to send, then follow the above. Also, if you are using 3rd party instrument plugins that your friend doesn't have access to (e.g. Omnisphere, Kontakt, etc) then those tracks won't create sound on their system. You'll need to bounce those to audio. (Bounce in Place will solve this quick & easy). Hope that helps, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: