macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bweber
    converting from logic 8 to sibelius 6
    Does anyone know how to convert midi and audio regions from logic to manifest a full score in sibelius 6
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: converting from logic 8 to sib...
    Hi bweber, Welcome to the forums! I don't have a copy of Sibelius to try this out on... Some things I've picked up from others: - Importing MIDI files created in Logic direct into Sibelius can cause a no. of issues in Sibelius... so in Logic make sure to fix note durations and positions for the MIDI region before you export. This should help Sibelius read the file better. I've also heard that another workflow people use is to print the Logic Score to PDF. Then an application like PDFtoMusic can read the PDF and save it to XML which Sibelius can import. Hope that helps Rounik
  • bweber
    Hi Rounik, I appreciate your response and will try going the PDF route. I thought there was a more immediate way? Usually, the score from logic needs significant corrections. Would you happen to know of another tutorial or forum site that may have another solution ? Thanks so much, Barbara
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Barbara, From what I've heard this may be a Sibelius issue... From my research on this, there is no other immediate way unfortunately. Definitely have not come across any tutorials that cover this. You can try the first method... but make sure to "Fix note durations" as this should make the process a lot smoother and require less alterations in Sibelius. The PDF route I've heard is a good backup to the above. Let me know how you get on. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: