macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Robert
    Headphone Mix Problem
    My software is Logic Pro 9 and my Hardware is an Apogee Duet. My research has told me I need to make my bus [(Bus 20) with all of the tracks sent to it] to Output 3+4. The problem is, Logic Pro only allows me to send to Output 1+2 and I only have two outputs which go to my two speakers. How do I create a headphone mix with only Output 1+2?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Headphone Mix Problem
    Hi Robert, Welcome to the forums! The Apogee Duet is a 2 input and 2 output audio interface... this means you only have the option to use the Output 1-2, which is why there is no Output 3-4 available from within Logic. There are two real solutions... either get an interface with more outputs, or try creating an aggregate device. An Aggregate device combines the inputs and outputs of two audio interfaces. This will give you a greater number of inputs and outputs to play with. As your Mac has a built-in audio interface, if you create an aggregate device combining the Duet and the Built-in you will in theory have 4 outputs and could use the headphone port on your Mac as the Headphone Mix output. Check this document out for how to create an aggregate device: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215[/url] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: