macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Witujua
    Randomizer Tutorial TNT 2 Movie #49 Cameo: Rounik..
    Hi, I was watching the tutorial on building a randomizer and noticed two tracks that were created to write in midi data. I actually just learned how to do that a couple of weeks ago and forgot how to do create this kind of track. It was named MIDI IN. Can I get a little reminder on how to create that track so I can toss a randomizer on top of it? Thanks, Clifford
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Randomizer Tutorial TNT 2 Mov...
    Hi Clifford, There's a number of ways to assign an object from the Environment to a track in the Arrange: 1. Drag the Object onto the Track header. (works when you can see both the Arrange and Environment windows). 2. Right-click on the Track Header and choose 'Reassign track...' Navigate to the Environment layer with the Object. (The Object must have "icon" enabled in the Inspector area of the Environment). 3. Select the Track header. In The Environment click on the object with the MIDI thru tool (from the Tool menu). It will be assigned to the selected track. Hope that helps & enjoy randomizing! Once you've built your own randomizer check out the Environments thread: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=22544[/url] where you'll find a super-charged Effect Randomizer! :) Rounik
  • Witujua
    Thank you Rounik. I did drag the randomizer on to an instrument track that had some notes on it but when played the track, there was no sound at all. So I guess that it was the wrong kind of track. I also control click on the track header but those options didn't seem to work either, so, I will take the great suggestions and see if I can get some randomized sound. thanks for you continuous help :) C..
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi CLifford, No probs. Hope you're enjoying my Random Nature Environment... ... but you should be able to get the randomizer featured in the TNT2 working by following all the steps in the videos. It doesn't matter what kind of track it is to start with... because when you drag an object on to it you are reassigning it to that object. Make sure there is a MIDI region on that track as shown in the videos... and make sure that the output of the randomizer environment is connected to the correct channel strip. Let me know how you get on and if you wish to upload your environment of the randomizer I'll be happy to take a look and help you trouble shoot it :) Rounik
  • Witujua
    Rounik, where you say "Make sure there's a midi region.." am I correct in thinking that by "midi region", you mean midi data that has been added to a track? Just want to make sure I understand exactly what you are telling me to do. Thanks again!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Clifford, Yes... specifically MIDI note data as the randomizer works by reading Note-On (and Note off) data in order to randomize the selected effect parameter. If you want to upload a project it may be easier for us to work through and explain. You can upload by compressing the project folder (in the Finder, right-click on it and select "Compress ..." Then use a service such as sendspace or Box.net (my preferred) and post the URL here. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: