macProVideo.com
Forums
  • daryl 72
    Can't get no audio when I load vocal samples into EXS24
    Hi,I am using Logic 8 Studio and when I try to load vocal samples that I have chopped up using strip silence they apparently load into the EXS24 sampler but no audio can be heard. However when I load presets from the EXS24 sound can be heard when I press notes on my MIDI keyboard and also when I input notes into the piano roll.Can anyone help me please?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Can't get no audio when I...
    Hi daryl, What pitch/notes are the vocal samples assigned to in the EXS24's Instrument Editor? Have you saved the instrument? Cheers Rounik
  • daryl 72
    Thanks for the quick reply.There are 5 vocal samples,they are assigned to 5 keys:C1 to E1.Yes I saved the instrument and when I search through the sampler instruments menu it comes up as what I saved it as- but no sound.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi daryl, Can you describe your process for getting the samples into the EXS24... perhaps there might be a clue there. Also, are you using Logic 8.0.2? Thanks Rounik
  • daryl 72
    Hi Rounik, Yes I am using Logic 8.0.2 The process I use when loading samples into EXS24 is:I create a new audio track,then I make a copy of one section of my vocal(I'm not sure if this is from the 'original' imported from my hard drive since I've got 2 copies of it in my arrange page) which I then chop up using Strip Silence. I then open up a new software instrument track and open EXS24 and then open the instrument edit page.I then either go to the Audio Bin for my chopped up vocals or to the chopped up vocals in the arrange page and drag them into EXS24 instrument editor. When the window appears I just click OK it then says my file name is too long(I have tried editing them in the Audio Bin,on my hard drive,etc but they just revert to their original name)-I then click OK and the 5 samples I have used come up with different names mapped over keys C1-E1.I then save my instrument but can't get no audio. I notice that whereas other EXS24 presets have names in the Audio File column of the Instrument Editor these samples merely have a downward pointing arrow and in the piano roll at the bottom of the screen no keys are highlighted when you press them.I hope this is comprehensive enough. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi daryl, Thanks for the info. Very helpful. Can I suggest that after you strip silence the audio region, in the Bin select the newly created audio regions and convert them to new audio files. In Logic 8 you should be able to do this in the Bin using the Audio File > Save region(s) as... When done, drag those regions into a new Sampler Instrument. Does this work? Rounik
  • daryl 72
    Hi Rounik, Tried what you said,it worked straight away!!!Thank you,Thank you,Thank you!!!I will definitely be using this website again and recommending it to others.Thanks again for the rapid responses. Daryl 72
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks daryl, You're most welcome! Logic 9 has a much much easier way to create a Sampler Instrument from an audio file: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/howto-convert-sampler-track-logic-9[/url] It's one of the many improvements in Logic 9 that make working in Logic more enjoyable! :) Rounik
  • daryl 72
    Hi Rounik, read the post on creating a Sampler Instrument from a audio file in Logic 9.It looks a lot more straight forward with more options for chopping up and processing audio than Logic 8.However I had only just started to get to grips with Logic 8 when 9 came out so I will wait until Logic 10 comes out and buy it straight away.Daryl 72
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Daryl 72, Yes, Logic 9's flex time features are pretty cool too! If past release dates are anything to go by I would predict that Logic 10 would be released in aprox. one year... difficult to know this with any certainty though... Let me know if you need any help with Logic or the Logic tutorials :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: