macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cavahia
    Bouncing and Mastering
    Can I confirm that I am on the right track. After mixing a project in Logic is that then bounced with the final mastering being done on the bounced mixed track? Thanks in advance for any help. Macscoop
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bouncing and Mastering
    Hi macscoop, Yes, essentially that is correct. Ocassionally I'll do a quick and dirty mastering at the end of a mix... (naughty me!) But yes, once you've finished mixing bounce your project to aiff/wave 24 bit with no dithering and the same sample rate of the project. Try to give yourself at least 3 to 6dB of headroom on the Output channel... It's then much easier to work on a single audio file when mastering in a new project. I'd recommend Steve H's Logic 401 : Logic's Mastering Toolbox: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic401[/url] Essential viewing IMHO. :) Rounik
  • Cavahia
    Re: Bouncing and Mastering
    Hi Rounik, As ever, thanks for your prompt and helpful reply. I am already the proud owner of Steve H's Logic 401 tutorial. Macscoop
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: