macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: missing notes
    Hey Sammy, By reformatting the external partition I mean opening the Disk Utility and using the format command on the external disk. It will clean erase the drive... so move any important info from that drive first!! I usually work with a least two external drives - one contains a clone of my system and on a different partition it has other files, etc.... then I either mirror that drive or carefully and manually use the other drive as a barebones system drive to test stuff on. Hope that helps R
  • Gorynui
    Okay, I just read a posting on an Apple support forum, and the person was having an unrelated midi problem. The solution offered began with the idea of creating a new user and opening Logic from that new identity. I tried it, and the missing notes are no longer missing. When I switch back to my old user, they're messed up again. What do you think might cause a glitch like that within one particular user? I'm tempted to start new projects as the new user, but I'm concerned it could get messy for keeping track of files as I save them. (I've been using Logic with 2 missing notes for a few weeks now, as I never seem to have an open day or two when I could reload my system...)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sammy, That's a good test to do - setting up a new user account. But it doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know... that something you have installed or a driver you are using in your user account is causing some weird conflict. A new user account will also have new Logic preferences files.... The good news is that wiping your system and starting from scratch should work fine! But, if you're happy to use a second user account as your "Logic" account then definitely go for it. You could save your projects to an external drive to help keep them organised. You can enable "fast user switching" from System Preferences > Accounts > Login Options :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: