macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SamiS
    Normalizing Across Apple Loops
    I have crafted a sequence of bass apple loops to fit my song. But it seems that each loop has its own peak levels. I realize that I could go and adjust the gain of every loop, but isn't there an easy way to normalize across the entire loop set. The "normalize" function in the sample editor does not seem to be available. P.S. I would rather not glue them all together since I might like to change a loop later.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Normalizing Across Apple Loops...
    Hi Logic Pro 9, It's not possible to apply some destructive commands to apple loops... The best thing is to get the levels correct and then convert them into Apple Loops. Another way is to import the Apple Loops into your project and copy/convert the files into regular audio files and apply destructive gain increase... Alternatively... Add them all to your project (same track) and apply a compressor/limiter to taste on that channel, then bounce each region in place and then add to the Apple Loops library. Hope that helps Rounik
  • SamiS
    Re: Normalizing Across Apple Loops...
    Painful, but I did it that way. Thanks. Seems like this would be a common issue. Seems like the computer could analyze the various loops and automatically put a per region gain on them so that I did not have to do that by hand.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: