macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Changing the key in the middle...
    Hi Roz, Sorry... my bad on this one... I forgot that you will definitely NEED to use the Transposition Global track & not the Signature Global Track because: "Key signature changes only affect the display of MIDI notes in the Score Editorâthey do not have an effect on MIDI playback. The first key signature, however, affects the playback of audio Apple Loops." ----- You can use the Transposition track and/or select a region or multiple regions and in the Inspector (the left light grey bar) you can set a transposition value for all the selected MIDI regions and Apple Loops and audio recordings. Hope that helps Rounik
  • jimandroz
    Rounik, you are great to work this out with me. Really appreciate it. Anyway, I was able to use the transposition on the left and affect they key on both the audio loops and midi loops. Perfect. A question on the score editor. If I change the key from the signature area, you said that these changes in key will appear in the score, but not in midi loops only audio Apple loops. Is this right? I.O.W. I will hear the change in sound on these and see the change in key signature on my score? The audio loops are blue, right? thanks for help! Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roz, No probs! Sure. Actually I quoted the Logic manual on that point... To clarify: If you make a key signature change during the project, let's say at Bar 5 for example, will ONLY affect the display/appearance of the MIDI notes in the Score Editor. Now when you playback the project you will not hear any change in the key... it's only for display purposes. This is the same for MIDI regions and audio regions. Remember the Score editor only displays the contents of MIDI regions anyway. However, IF you change the key signature for the entire project by changing the key at Bar 1 (position 1 1 1 1) then you WILL hear that audio apple loops will be automatically transposed as a result. Hope that helps... I'd suggest sticking with the transposition global track :) Best Rounik
  • jimandroz
    This is great. Thanks for the clarity. Roz
  • jimandroz
    This is great. Thanks for the clarity. Roz P.S. I presume then that the transpositions made from the inspection area will appear in the score. Is this correct.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: