macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Organization
    whats the best way to organize saved synth settings, (such as a hierarchtical menu of some sort) I spend most of my time hunting for sounds than producing, is there an easy way to do this?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Organization
    Hi K1, I can't tell you the best way, but I can tell you "my way"... and what I find works best for me... Let's say I've created a bunch of ES2 synth presets. I like to save them in folders: e.g. 'My ES2' will be the root folder. Within this folder will be sub folders: 01 Synth Bass 02 Electro Pads 03 Electro Sequences 04 Ambient Pads 05 Ambient sequences et, etc.. I use a similar folder system for channel strip settings. :) R
  • Hamish H
    Hi Rounik Where do you save your 'My ES2' folder? And how? Is it something you can do by using the 'save as' function? Cheers Hamish
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hamish, You can create your folder structure for presets (for say the ES2) in the Finder in: Your User / Library / Application Support / Logic / Plugin settings / ES2 / or when you're saving presets or channel strip settings: Click on the preset menu for the plugin and choose to save setting as..: [img]http://a.imageshack.us/img829/402/screenshot20100824at110.png[/img] Then, choose "New Folder" or use the OSX shortcut (CMD+Shift+N) [img]http://a.imageshack.us/img829/4430/screenshot20100824at110i.png[/img] :) Rounik
  • Hamish H
    Thanks Rounik! Awesome.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: