macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rupyriu
    Re: Missing Impulse Responses in L...
    Hi Rounik, It looks like Pacifist is a great app, but unfortunately I ended up installing (the wrong version) of Logic and then having to install the correct version. That did it. I don't know where my Space Designer .aif files went, but they disappeared from my computer. I'm so glad to have them back. Thanks for all your help. Judy
  • Rounik Admin
    Excellent! Glad to know those impulse response aifs are all back in the correct place! :) R
  • Xinidei
    Hi. I had this problem when I did a fresh install of the OS but a customized install for logic. The reason was because I didnt want to spend hrs waiting for the full install. thought I could just drag and drop my old library files with all IRs etc into the new one (or create the folder). What happened was the IRs went missing, some EXS samples as well These days, I'll reinstall OS, than restore from a time machine backup.
  • dynamicalan
    Hello, I am missing impulse responses such as 2.3s_Piano Hall#11.SDIR Is there any such thing as that file as one of the Impulse Responses stored in the audio folder? Logic asks to please locate the file. I just reinstalled my hard drive clean erased and reinstalled OS and then Logic but then I did a flash update for myspace. Does that have anything to do with it. Do you know if the logic disk has a way to reinstall only the missing files? Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, You're on Logic 8, right? You could try inserting the install DVD and choosing a custom install and selecting only the elements you wish to install... Alternatively, as mentioned above, try 'Pacifist'. It's a good solution which seems to have worked for many people. Updating Flash should not make any difference to the reverb files on your Mac. :) R
  • dynamicalan
    Hello Rounik, glad to hear from you. Yes I use Logic 8.0.2 I am not sure what pacifist is other than an easy install but I am wondering if I use the custom install to reinstall the library items if other files will be found missing. I am going to try a custom install with multiple library items. Thanks, Alan
  • Rupyriu
    I'll be interested to know what you find out!
  • dynamicalan
    Hello, I think it's happened before but I think I should call Apple to find out what to install. Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    I would try doing a FULL install from the Logic install DVD. If this doesn't work Pacifist will allow you to look inside the Logic packager files on the install DVD and extract individual files and folders. Hope it helps Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, an apple tech support representative told me if the files already there logic installs it on top of it. It's hard to tell because you never know what files are suppose to be there. The Logic representative told me he doesn't know what the files are. I did a custom install with a couple of items installed surround IR's and Logic 7 Legacy. What is Pacifist? Thanks, Alan
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: