macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Re: Missing Impulse Responses in L...
    Rounik, I tried to edit the post but it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion for Pacifist. I downloaded Pacifist but it didn't understand Logic. The download was the one for Mac OS which is an older version. I am not sure what to install to do a complete installation. There are several triangles to choose from. I can choose the application at the top. Only a custom install is available. If I install the Logic the application which is at the top of the install window, will this give a clean install or will it install on top of it duplicating files and hiding certain files? Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, Sorry I can't give you a direct answer as I'm now using Logic 9 and don't have a spare machine to install Logic 8 on from scratch... The Logic 9 install method is better than it was on L8. There is no need to install the applications themselves because they don't contain any of the actual sounds, content files. You'll need to try and install as much of the included content (loops, sampler instruments, reverb settings, etc) the install disc will allow you to install. by the way, did you try using Pacifist to open the files on the installation DVDs (not the Logic application in the Applications folder). Thanks R
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, yes I am using Pacifist now. I loaded all the disks in and now I am looking at a list but I don't know if Pacifist will fix it or not or just tells me the content. There's something called extract to and update prebinding. Do you know anything about it on either Logic version? Thanks, Alan
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, I understand that the only install is done with the logic DVDs but there's no way to control which files get installed. Some say Logic installs on top of the files causing confusion to the logic application and some say it replaces everything it installs. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, If you are installing a Logic 8 installation over the top of Logic 8 on your Mac then overwriting the files should cause no problem at all. All your personal loops and settings will not be affected by the way. :)
  • dynamicalan
    I read on the pacifist help that by clicking the Open Apple Install Disks you can reinstall the application. Do you know how this works? I tried it but nothing seems to happen. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, I haven't personally used Pacifist as I haven't had the need... but others have used it successfully. My understanding is that Pacifist allow you to look inside an installer package and MANUALLY extract files and folders of your choice... So you'll need to figure out what it is you need (Impulse responses) and check on each disc to find where they are and see if it's possible to extract them. Best, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: