macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SamiS
    Print Bus
    The Mixing R&B course, lecture 48, introduces the idea of a "Print Bus." Very cool. I have it all set up the way the talk suggests, but I do not seem to be able to control my input level to the new track that I created with input from the Print Bus (Bus 30 in my case). It seems to Peg Out at 6.0db and the fader does not seem to control input level. How do I control input level to bring the Print Bus mix back to a reasonable range for recording? -Sami
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Print Bus
    Hey Sami, Do you have Input Monitoring turned on? Prefernces > Audio > Devices > Core Audio? Thanks Rounik
  • SamiS
    Software Monitoring is checked. Independent Monitoring Level is not checked. There is no field specifically labeled "Input Monitoring."
  • SamiS
    And I notice that if I have the track (with bus 30 as input) Input enabled, the levels are fine and controllable with the fader. As soon as I hit the record enable, the levels go off scale. I am clearly missing something fundamental here. Suggestions? -Sami
  • Rounik Admin
    hmmm... odd... works fine for me. What version of Logic are you running? 9.1.1? Which levels are going off the scale? Your Stereo Output... or the Audio Channel strip with Bus 30 as the input? Thanks R
  • SamiS
    Release 9.1.1. On the audio channel with bus 30 as input. Stereo output is fine. -Sami
  • Rounik Admin
    OK... I'm not sure I can answer this as I can't replicate the issue :( But I'll walk you through my usual workflow: Once Mixing has been completed and I want to bounce/print stems in Logic: 1. In Mixer, select channel strips for first print. e.g. drums. 2. Create a send to Bus 30. Using a send you can decide how much of the signal from each channel strip is sent to the Aux. (Option click the send knob to set it to 0dB). 3. repeat steps above for different stems (but send to different Bus number). 4. Create an audio track for each "stem" and set their inputs to the relevant Bus number. e.g. if bouncing 5 stems, you may wish to have 5 audio tracks. 1st with input: Bus 30, 2nd with input: Bus 31, 3rd with input: Bus 32, etc etc. 5. Record enable the audio tracks and hit record. btw, you might also wish to lower the level of the Output Stereo channel strip! :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: