macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cefnfaes
    Hiding tracks in Score Editor
    I sometimes find it good to duplicate tracks in the Arrange window, so that instead of using one track for a 1st violin section, I will create 6 tracks, each containing a solo 1st violin plug in (from VSL). The duplicate tracks are created by selecting "Track" in the arrange window, and then "New with the same Channel strip/Instrument". I then option-drag the recorded midi track that I have already produced in the first track, so creating five more copies. In effect, I now have six separate 1st violins, which can be edited slightly to that they are not perfectly together (using "Delay" in the Inspector). In addition, I will create another track, in the same way as above, in which I record the required key-switches for the 1st violins. In the Arrange window, I don't want to see all these tracks - only one of them - that's the first one I created. The same applies to the score window, or more so. It's difficult to work on the score when you have umpteen copies of the same instrument! So I use the HIDE button in the Arrange window. This will allow me to hide the Key Switch tracks, and all duplicated tracks in the Arrange window. BUT, and this is the crucial point, IT DOES NOT HIDE THESE TRACKS IN THE SCORE WINDOW. So, I wonder if anyone knows whether this can be done, and if so, how ? I'm using Logic Pro 8.0.2 Cefnfaes
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Hiding tracks in Score Editor
    Hi Cefnfaes At the top left of the Score window are the link modes. Click and hold on the link button and select content link mode. (yellow link button). Now only the selected (or last selected) region in the Arrange are should be displayed in the Score Editor. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Cefnfaes
    Thanks, Rounik, for your quick response. Sorry to report however, that my link button has no effect. In the score window, it is initially colourless. Click it once, it goes purple, click it twice, it goes yellow, which, it can be seen, indicates "content link" mode. However, whether there is "no link", "same level link", or "content link", makes no difference to the appearance of my score - all the unwanted duplicates remain stubbornly in view ! In the Arrange window, I am shift-clicking on the track contents that I want displayed. I wonder whether this problem is related to my method of producing duplicate tracks? Best wishes Cefnfaes
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs... So, I've just followed your method step-for-step... and it works fine for me when I have Score Editor in Content Link and Arrange in No Link. When I select a region only that region is displayed.... Is that not happening for you? Best Rounik p.s. I'll be back later this evening and hope to have some time to check this out in more depth... but I have to admit to finding the link modes buggy at times!
  • Cefnfaes
    No - I have just returned from the Arrange window, selecting "No link", then to the score window, and selected "content link", but no change. Perhaps it is a bug........ Thanks Rounik !
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for pointing this out... I often work in the Piano Roll and Event List editors... so wasn't aware of this issue in the Score Editor! Bugs...eh... ;-) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: