macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Adding Variation to your Beats and Loops
    Some tips on how to add variation to your audio loops/beats: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/apple-logic-9-adding-variation-beats-loops[/url] If you have any tips to share or wanna say Hi!.. please add a comment to the blog post. Thanks Rounik
  • Hamish H
    Re: Adding Variation to your Beats...
    Hi Rounik I left you a reply on your blog - but i checked just now and its not there! Any chance you got it (otherwise i'll post it again) Cool blog by the way. I think those ideas are great. Cheers Hamish
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Hamish! Thanks! I enabled the blog post - so it's showing up now. Thanks and great technique!! I'm looking forward to trying it out. :) Rounik
  • Hamish H
    Hi Rounik! Cool, i'm glad you like the idea, it also works well with beats from 2 totally different kits - as long as you can match their volume. The fills end up sounding a bit more DJ like. I'm working (really slowly!) on a tune where this is the main premise, I'll let you know how it works out! Hamish
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hamish! Good point... would work interestingly with single instrument melodies too! If you want to share it feel free to upload a project/Environment to the 'Share your environments" sticky thread: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=22544&sid=15[/url] Which remind me... have you checked out the UB Voice Mute environment (inspired mainly by Jamie on the forums): http://www.box.net/shared/s856qpstjd It might also interest you. :) Rounik
  • Hamish H
    Hi Rounik! I'll try and put something interesting up but it won't be for a while (did I mention that I work really slowly??). Thanks for the tip about Jamie's environment, I remember reading about it but I haven't got fully involved in the environment yet, so I'll keep it in mind for when I do! PS One time I used the external controller technique on two of logic's bass apple loops - and got some very cool grooves and variations really easily. Only trouble is you have to be so spot on with your external controller to avoid cutting the notes too soon, or missing out on some of the textures. Maybe this works best as a sketchpad tool, where you can just improvise with some loops, then once you find variations you like you can then edit them the proper way. I'm buried in Richard Lainhardt's tutorias at the moment, so its nothing but ES1 and 2 for me for the next little while! H
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Hamish! Working slowly is the best way to work IMHO ;-) Another environment you might be interested in, whenever you wish (in the future) is my Random Nature V2... It allows for randomizing effects on tracks - which if used with Noise Gates and some cool 3rd party plugins can produce some wonderful and weird effects. The Environment is a place I like to go to... especially when you've had a summer like ours ;-) Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: