macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bybalie
    Control Delay Object with Controller?
    Hi, Is it possible to set up a Delay Object in the Environment Window in such a way that one can control the amount of delay (or trans, or velocity, or # repeats) with a MIDI controller? The idea being to change these parameters in performance. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.
  • steveH
    Re: Control Delay Object with Cont...
    In a word, no. Sorry. You could, however, set up a patch that would switch between different delay objects thereby getting similar results. The arpeggiator object, on the other hand, can have all 10 of its parameters controlled by internal or external midi cc events! Should I do a TNT on this?
  • Hamish H
    Re: Control Delay Object with Cont...
    Hi Steve If i can put in my 2 cents... I think an arpeggiator TNT would be a great idea. I've seen the other arpeggiator videos that you've done, but I actually have a couple of questions that I'd love you to answer in a TNT: In May's edition of Sound On Sound magazine the Logic tutorial was about creating an arpeggiator and a 'custom user interface' - a floating window made of on/off buttons. (sorry if I don't know the right names for the objects!) The idea was to assign 20 buttons to each of the parameters available in the arpeggiator, and then you customise the interface over time by removing the buttons you don't need. The example used controls for Resolution, Length, Octave, and a 'slider' object for crescendo. What I found was that because there was so much information in the article, even though it was excellent I couldn't understand a lot of the concepts behind what I was doing - in other words there was no Steve H! I then checked out the arppegiator inbuilt into the Electronic Compose template that comes with Logic 9. It looks like the same thing, except its interface is a drop down menu instead of buttons, and it only controls a limited number of parameters. I also don't know how you go about adding it to my own existing templates. So I looked under the hood of the user interface to see if I could change it to match the Sound on Sound version, and I have no idea what is going on - there are objects in there that are mysterious and ominous.... (ARP SNAP TO MENU CONVERT??? 1=4, 2=7??? FILTER DUPS???) So what I would like to know, (and I think it would be a really useful TNT) is: 1) what is the arppegiator built in to Logic's template, and maybe how could we adapt it or build one similar 2) how can we adapt the user interface to control all 10 parameters, maybe with other objects instead of the drop down menu 3) how can we take the one arpegiator environment and save it into our own templates? Thanks very much Steve, sorry Koan22 for shanghaiing your thread! Hamish
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: