macProVideo.com
Forums
  • roberto
    Strong heat in MacBook Pro
    Hallo evereybody So long I've been away from this forum... And ciao to you, dear Rounik! So...Few days ago I've updated my MacBook and I installed the last version of Vienna Instrument and Vienna instrument Pro (the VSL Samplers). Since than my laptop makes a strong heat just a few minutes after Logic has started to work with the VSL sampler. It goes up to 80 and more centigrade and the ventilator turns up to 5.000 and more. Before the upgrading this wasn't there. Dear MacProVideo, should I worry about it or simply start to think to cook my eggs on it. P.S. I'm working with MacBook Pro, 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, GB Ram. And I keep it closed because I use the big Cinema Display. Thanks a lot Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Strong heat in MacBook Pro
    Ciao Caro Roberto, I think this will be very useful when the long winter nights draw in... who needs a fire to keep warm? ;-) There is a good reason why Apple don't officially call the macbookpro a 'laptop' anymore :) A couple more questions - how much ram and how fast is the hard drive, 5200rpm or 7200rpm? If the MBP is open does it heat up as much? My MBP often gets to 74 degrees C when being overworked. There is a Fan Control utility that you may find useful: [url]http://www.eidac.de/?p=134[/url] I never use it... because I like to cook my dinner while working in Logic's environment... it's a great way to multi-task, right? :) Rounik
  • roberto
    Ciao Rounik so nice to hear from you again! Sorry, I forgot to say: 8 GB ram and the HD is 7200 rpm. Yes, if I leave it open it doens't change much. I don't understand the nice application you sent to me what is it for? What should I do with it? And what about dryng my hairs after the shower? Rounik, let's be happy and good work to you Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    And great to hear from you too my friend! Hope life is treating you well and music is going well in Berlin / Italy? The MacBookPro is good for drying short beards after a shower... but you'll need a MacPro to effectively dry a full head of hair ;-) Oops.. I should have explained. So SMC Fan Control controls the speed of your MBPs Fan. There's a better description here: [url]http://homepage.mac.com/holtmann/eidac/software/software.html[/url] You can download the latest version for Snow Leopard here" [url]http://www.conscius.de/smcfancontrol_2_2_2.zip[/url] It's an application which is easy to install & uninstall (simply delete it) and allows you set the minimum fan speed - so it takes longer for the fans to rev up.... But of course you don't want the Mac to overheat! Mine has never gone above 72 degrees... My other serious suggestion would be to leave the lid open very slightly - or it might be nice to use the MBPs monitor as a second monitor? Let me know if it helps (or not!)... You know, if it feels much too hot - it could be a good idea to take it to book a session at your local/nearest Apple Store and have it looked at. :) Rounik
  • roberto
    Hi Rounik I've found out that setting Save Energy (in System Preferences) as it was before (Battery lasting longer) it helps. The ventilator is much slower (2-3.00 RPM) and the heat seems to stay inside 70-80 C. Not enough for the eggs and even not for dryng hairs. Yes, I also leave the lid a bit open. Thank you as always. And good work to you Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Ah, great! Glad it works for you. Hope you're still enjoying Logic's Environment by the way! :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: