macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SixStringsDown
    Flex Pops
    I just bought Steve's Flex tutorial and decided to try it out. I have a lead vocal and a harmony singing an "ah" that spans three different notes. The harmony hits the second note a bit before the lead vocal does. not a lot, but noticeable. So I flexed the harmony to the lead vocal. awesome! Problem is I get loud clicks when the play head crosses the transient markers. What's up? So I changed it from "monophonic" (which it obviously is) to polyphonic. This helped but it still sounds weird. Any ideas? Do flex markers just not work in the middle of a held vowel? Do they only work at the beginning of consonants? oh and clicking on "complex" in polyphonic mode just turned the clicks into a chorus effect.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Flex Pops
    Hi Tieg, As amazing as Flex is... it has some limits to what it can achieve. How much are you flexing the harmony segments? Also, are you running the latest 9.1.1 Logic? Are you creating 3 flex markers so you're only flexing the 2nd note? :) Rounik
  • SixStringsDown
    I'm flexing them less than half a second. Just trying to make it less flammy. I will say though that I had to create the flex and transient marker as logic didn't seem to have a preference where I put it. Not even sure if it put it at the zero crossing. I don't know if that is because it was a held note, or if it was because i didn't record it at very high levels. I'm running the latest version of Logic. And yeah, I'm doing the 3 flex markers but I'm having to make them myself or else Logic will just be flexing way too much material.
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for the extra info... Have you tried Creating Extra Transient markers automatically in the Sample Editor? - Open the audio file in the Sample Editor and make sure you have 'Snap Edits to Zero Crossings' enabled in the Edit menu. -Click on the '+' button to ask Logic to detect more transients. - When you've got a decent number detected, back in the Arrange you can right-click on the Transient markers and tell Logic to create Flex markers for all the transient markers. Does this help? Also, in the Sample Editor you can re-detect Transient Markers using the Audio File > Detect Transients command. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: