macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JGUNZ
    No audio from Mic
    I am fighting with my set-up trying to figure out what happened. I got macbook pro OS 10.58 running Logic Pro 9, I have an apogee duet with a MXL 3000 microphone. Just the other day my mic stopped working and all I can get is a fuzz sound when I turn on the input to record. I do not know how to trouble shoot this problem and get my mic back?? Please help me I need to record my artist's vocals soon! Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: No audio from Mic
    Hi Jex, 1. Quit all apps. Unplug all connections and devices completely and restart your Mac. 2. Reconnect your Duet and plug in the mic cable to the Duet's Input 1. 3. Open Maestro and make sure the Duet is setup as needed. If needed make sure that phantom power is enabled. 4. Launch Logic. Create a new empty project. Create a new audio track. 5. In Logic Pro > Devices > Audio check that Apogee Duet is set as the input and output device. 6. Set the audio channel strip's input to Input 1. Record arm the track. If this doesn't work try using input 2 on the Duet. If this doesn't work try using different cables to your Mic and/or different Mics... Hope this helps Rounik
  • JGUNZ
    Rounik Thanks for the speedy response!! Unfortunately this did not fix the problem :( Is there anything I should check in audio prefrences or settings? Could the Apogee Duet not be working properly? I am lost and have already been working on this for a couple days. Thanks again
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jex, Have you downloaded the latest driver for the Duet from Apogee's website? What version of OSX are you running? 10.5.8? In terms of my previous post... were you able to try all the different steps... including using different microphone(s)/cables? The Maestro software will allow you to set all sorts of levels and options - just wanted to make sure you're familiar with that. Open Garageband and create a "Real Instrument track". When you record the mic's input do you get a good signal there? It is possible for any audio interface to break... though I've not heard of such a dramatic case with the Duet... You can check in: Applications/Utilites/Audio MIDI Setup that the Duet is recognized there... Also check in System Preferences > Sound [Input] that the Duet is listed there... ... but really you can set Logic's sound settings in Preferences > Audio independently to the OS sound settings. Let me know how you get on. Rounik
  • JGUNZ
    Thank you!! there was a new driver to install on the apogee website and I switced to a new XLR cable and magic!! input 1 is still really fuzzy?? but input 2 is clear Thanks for your help
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: