macProVideo.com
Forums
  • roberto
    Setting MIDI channel
    Hi Rounik School time, again and again. So a very beginner question, just to start the day... I realized that I always left the Channel setting to All, for every instrument I use. So, if I'm writing a String Quartett each instrument is set on ALL. I wonder if this the best solution... Shouldn't each instrument be set on a different channel? Violin Ch.1; Viola Ch.2 etc... Rounik, don't tell anybody I'm so ignorante, ok? Be happy! Roberto
  • Christian L
    Re: Setting MIDI channel
    Hi Roberto, Setting the Channel setting to "All" is perfectly all right if you're not using a multi-timbral synth. Multi-timbral synths let you load many instruments in a single instance of a plug-in. Some Logic's software instruments have multiple outputs (EXS24, Ultrabeat) but none are multi-timbral, so if you're using only Logic's plugins, you can leave it to "All". If you're using some 3rd party multi-timbral plugins like Kontakt, Omnisphere or Stylus RMX, than you may want to set a different MIDI channel for each instrument loaded in the plugin... unless you load up multiple instance of the plugin for each instrument. For more on this subject, please watch video #18-21 of Logic 303 TNT 2. Let us know if you have more questions about this! :) Christian
  • roberto
    Re: Setting MIDI channel
    Hi Christian Perfectly clear what you say. I'm using mainly VI Pro (VSL sampler) and I use one instance for each instrument, so I can keep the Channel setting as it has always been, to "All". Thanks a lot and good work to you Roberto
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: